The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have hit that depressing stage in my life where I wish I was a girl.
Reply 41
Congratulations :smile:. You'll have more than enough geeky men, 20% is pretty optimistic for compsci. I think there were six or seven women to 90 odd men in my year, by the end.

A.
Just had a thought, i have applied for Vet Med which is about 80% female, and have jsut been accepted by Newnham 100% female = lots of girls and not many boys :eek: :frown:

I guess i will just have to look harder for them! :wink:
Epipsychidion
Apparently Peterhouse are the only college with a free table. Kind of explains why we have 3 of the 5 uni players, I guess. :biggrin:

Actually the Uni has two teams, and there are 12 in each squad (6 play in a match with a match cnsisting of 6 singles matches and three doubles ones). I think you'll find Robinson have a good few on the uni firsts team.

MB
Reply 44
There generally tend to be more in the first year when they're 25%ers, who then leave to do physics etc. My year also lost a few to other subjects along the way, so I think we had less than the year below.

I graduated last year, so I was in the class of 2002-2005 :smile:

A.
Yeah, they interview twice for small subjects, so if a college gets full (Which is quite possible for such subjects, especially since the number of applicants to each college fluctuates rather a lot between years for them), you have a chance elsewhere.
Bring_it_on
Name: Bring_it_on
Course: Economics
College Originally applied to: St Catz
College that has contacted you: Newnham
Interview or offer: Offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo So so SO SO thrilllled!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOO!!!

Best of luck to all other poolees!!
Yay someone else coming to Newnham :smile:
gwright
I have hit that depressing stage in my life where I wish I was a girl.
Happens to the best of us.
Reply 48
Ooh, poolees getting offers - well done guys!

Good luck those with interview - the stats are promising for pool interviews, apparently.
Reply 49
Name: andy
Course: maths
College Originally applied to: jesus
College that has contacted you: girton
Interview or offer: interview next week!

i got a phone call earlier today from the admission tutor, so they do phone on weekends. strange thing is i didnt know i was in the pool, jesus sent out a rejection letter, im very confused but pleased to be given a second chance.
Reply 50
Name: Miranda
Course: English
College Originally applied to: Corpus Christi - so knew I wouldn't be taken back, they don't take anyone out of the pool for English
College that has contacted you: New Hall
Interview or offer: Interview - 2 of them next Thursday!
miranda

College Originally applied to: Corpus Christi - so knew I wouldn't be taken back, they don't take anyone out of the pool for English

I don't think it gets listed as taken out of the pool if they take you back....We shall wait and see next year as Emmanuel never takes people from the pool for history but they pooled me and then took me back.
Reply 52
miranda
Name: Miranda
Course: English
College that has contacted you: New Hall
Interview or offer: Interview - 2 of them next Thursday!

ALL DA BEST for ur interview! I've got mine on the 13th!!!!
Reply 53
Name: Elizabeth
Course: Medicine
Original College: St. Catharine's
College that has contacted me: Girton
Interview or offer: interview- 2 with 2 doctors each!! ooooh dear!
Reply 54
JohnStuartMill
I don't think it gets listed as taken out of the pool if they take you back....We shall wait and see next year as Emmanuel never takes people from the pool for history but they pooled me and then took me back.

Pah. Maybe you're just lucky. Or brilliant. :p: Well done though
Reply 55
Name: Steven
Course: Natural Sciences (Biological)
College Originally applied to: Clare
College that has contacted you: Magdalene
Interview or offer: One interview next Saturday! :smile:
Reply 56
JohnStuartMill

I really hope that's true....as I've applied to Clare, who also have a record of accepting no poolees for history. I think however that you're right. That no one has been taken in fpr 4 years seems a bit unliikely, doesnt it?

Anyhow... as I am not British and I don't live in Britain I know I won't get a second interview. Thus, the only realisic chance I have is being fished out by Clare.

"Man lever i håpet......."
ugla
I really hope that's true....as I've applied to Clare, who also have a record of accepting no poolees for history. I think however that you're right. That no one has been taken in fpr 4 years seems a bit unliikely, doesnt it?

Anyhow... as I am not British and I don't live in Britain I know I won't get a second interview. Thus, the only realisic chance I have is being fished out by Clare.

Or getting a straight offer from another college which a lot of people get.
Reply 58
ugla

I don't think that's true necessarily. Many applicants get offers from colleges other than their original one without needing to go to a second interview.
ugla

That is an idiom in English too, you know. 'We live in hope'. Woo, I can understand Norwegian. (Have Norwegian relatives, hear the language every month or so, and can still say nothing further than 'Kan jeg bruke din datamaskin'.)

Latest

Trending

Trending