The Student Room Group

What do you say to the barber?

So males of the species, I'm curious. When you go to get a hair cut, what to you say to them? Do you just ask for a trim and trust them, give them a bit of information to go on, or spend half an hour explaining what you want with the aid of diagrams and photographs? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

"Yo boss, Usual yeah"

Usually does the trick.
Usual please :smile:
do you pay tax on this cash? Barber says: Never!

then cuts my hair like edward scissor hands because he could afford the operation due to his no taxes :smile:

(edited 12 years ago)
This, but less so.

Original post by ShadowConspiracy
"Yo boss, Usual yeah"

Usually does the trick.

You actually talk like that? :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
"Number 4, please"
Reply 6
'One all over'.
Reply 7
I have an appointment @ toni & guy
Reply 8
Original post by Phenomenological
So males of the species, I'm curious. When you go to get a hair cut, what to you say to them? Do you just ask for a trim and trust them, give them a bit of information to go on, or spend half an hour explaining what you want with the aid of diagrams and photographs? :tongue:

Don't really go to a barber, more of a men's hairdresser. I usually say Id like a 2 or a number 3 on the sides. And then by using my fingers I hold out how much of the hair I want cutting off the top with a rough measurement e.g. 1cm or half an inch.
I've never gone in with a picture but I have seen one guy bring in a picture.
. . . . "Short back and sides, Please".
Reply 10
I just say what I want, straight to the point really :P

E.g. 2 back and sides and trim the top or V-cut trim with 2 on the sides or 2 on the top, 1 on the back and sides....

And we deal with sideburns when it comes to it haha.
"Trim".

Well, technically, I've not been in 13 months, but when I used to...
Reply 12
'4 on the sides, scissor cut on the top' and if I want anything in particular then I ask for that.

I recon the best bet if you worry about a bad haircut is to get and choose an expensive haircut that suits you, take pictures and then when you want to cut again say that you want it exactly like that.
Original post by Phenomenological

I tell them I want my hair trimmed back into shape, but I'm trying to grow it out so don't cut off too much. V shape in the back, side-swept bangs. GO! :p:

If there's a specific hairstyle I have in mind, then I bring pictures of it :smile:
"4 back & sides, bit longer on top. Basically this just shorter."

Never failed me yet.
Reply 15
I say "Just the usual :wink:" , lady then continues to utter some technical hair terms such as " Number 2 'round the back...want it short on top?" I reply with a nod, that's it really :biggrin:
3/4 round the side and short on top.
Reply 17
My ones dont speak english. One time i tried to explain what i wanted him to do, just for him to stare at me. He then pointed at the scissors and kept saying 'Yes? Yes?' as if he finally understood.

Most frightning haircut of my life.
My mum cuts my hair so normally something like "what's for tea?".
Short back and sides, number two bruv.

Quick Reply

Latest