Watch
This discussion is closed.
ekpenyongnsa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shyaamb)
Interview was relatively laid back and it was quite short. I think about 12-15 mins. Very much shorter compared to my other interviews.
I see. And we're the questions mainly knowledge based or about your willingness to study medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
shyaamb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ekpenyongnsa)
I see. And we're the questions mainly knowledge based or about your willingness to study medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The questions that they asked me had both themes, knowledge based and willingness for medicine.
ekpenyongnsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shyaamb)
The questions that they asked me had both themes, knowledge based and willingness for medicine.
Oh wow. Thank you very much. You seem like a knowledgable student I hope you get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shyaamb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh wow. Thank you very much. You seem like a knowledgable student I hope you get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope i do too.
hope1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iamsal)
Hey, I got my conditional offer on the 23rd of April last year. From what I know, they start sending offers to international students beginning of April, and it goes on to June/July.

I'm a first year at TCD now - good luck with your application, and let me know if you need help!
How is medicine at trinity
nimsank
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My question too....How is medicine at Trinity?
hope1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I got an offer too.. was just wondering how the college is in general? I got my offer without an interview- i dont quite understand how
nimsank
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes for the 5 year program. And she too did not have an interview.

The campus looks lovely.
nimsank
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was a direct application online. Are you waiting to hear? Where are you from?
hope1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by robotdoctor88)
Congrats on your offer! Are you a home or international student? When did you get it? and did you apply through an agent ? Also what programme did you apply for, 4,5 or 6 years? Thanks
Thank you, i am an international student applying for the 5 year course. I did not apply through an agent and got my offer in march
hope1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by robotdoctor88)
Did you get the offer from the e-portal or by e-mail?
e portal
ekpenyongnsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hope1997)
e portal
Congrats. What are your stats if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hope1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congrats. What are your stats if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
41/42 IB points- predicted
I did volunteering work teaching underprivileged children and at a school for the mentally challenged
I also shadowed doctors at a hospital and at a clinic for the underprivileged
Other then that I had some leadership posts and some extra-curricular activities
crazybug18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
41/42 IB points- predicted
I did volunteering work teaching underprivileged children and at a school for the mentally challenged
I also shadowed doctors at a hospital and at a clinic for the underprivileged
Other then that I had some leadership posts and some extra-curricular activities
Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
crazybug18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also is there an offer holder page yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hope1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am from India.... No I dont think there is a page with offer holders. Can one of you please tell me more about the college (other than whats there on their website) anything that you've heard from others? perhaps someone going there?
crazybug18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am from India.... No I dont think there is a page with offer holders. Can one of you please tell me more about the college (other than whats there on their website) anything that you've heard from others? perhaps someone going there?
I'm Indian Singaporean! Which part? I'm from Bombay. Also my friend goes there now and he is a first year medic. He absolutely loves it he says he medics tend to stay together the teaching system is really good in the sense that everything we learn lines up with every other module. He was raving about the dissections we get to do from week 2 itself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hope1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm from Bombay too! That seems really exciting!!! Now I must really work hard to meet the condition
cher1708
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi riyavr. I'm an international student and I've applied to UCD. The first round of offers is said to have been released but I'm still waiting. May I know when did you hear from UCD? Thanks
Kiero97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone
I'm a UK applicant and I've applied to both Irish and UK medical schools for 2015. I have very specific questions for any current UK students studying in ROI who, like me, applied through UCAS and CAO.
Did you encounter any problems when you rejected your UK 'firm' offer in August? The reason I ask is that I would imagine that it is very unusual for Med schools to be rejected at such a late stage and I was wondering whether anyone has experience of this? Thanks.

Btw, not making any assumptions about success on Irish application
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads