The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by CorinnaH
But I haven't even received an e-mail from them confirming my application like with the other unis. Have you?

I didn't get an actual acknowledgement but they did contact me to clear something up about my application (Repeat Irish Leaving Cert Student) so I took that as an acknowledgement :tongue:
Where else have you applied for?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 121
Original post by RyAnMcK
I didn't get an actual acknowledgement but they did contact me to clear something up about my application (Repeat Irish Leaving Cert Student) so I took that as an acknowledgement :tongue:
Where else have you applied for?

I applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Bath. You?
Reply 122
I applied to Oxford, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Bath. You?

Durham, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Ulster.
Reply 123
Original post by RyAnMcK
Durham, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Ulster.

Which subjects? :smile:
Reply 124
Which subjects? :smile:

Biology and yourself?
Reply 125
Original post by cat_cat
Well done!! I'm applying for economics too, but my school are taking soooo long to send my application off:rolleyes:

thank you! aw that sucks, where else are you applying? what are ur gcse's, AS grades etc?
Reply 126
Original post by Minz211
thank you! aw that sucks, where else are you applying? what are ur gcse's, AS grades etc?

Inbox!
Applied for Psychology C800 like three weeks ago, and still no acknowledgement.... This is stressful!! xD
Anyone else applied for Psychology??
Guys, I didn't get an acknowledgement and I received my offer today.
Stop stressing out if you don't have an acknowledgement. Not everywhere sends them out, and it varies between departments in those who do.
Reply 129
Original post by agoetcherian
Guys, I didn't get an acknowledgement and I received my offer today.
Stop stressing out if you don't have an acknowledgement. Not everywhere sends them out, and it varies between departments in those who do.

Congratulations! What's the offer, and for what course? :biggrin:
Come on Sussex give me an offer/rejection :moon:
Reply 131
I'M SO WORRIED, Sussex please hurry and just accept/reject haha
Applied for Physics MPhys Research Programme, they ask for A*AA :O

Haven't heard anything yet, no acknowledgement or anything. I applied 12 October or thereabouts.

Any Physicists know when they start reading applications and making offers/rejections?
Everyone needs to stop worrying about acknowledgements! As we've seen, some have received an offer yet didn't receive an acknowledgement email. I am desperately hoping that Sussex give me an AAB offer if an offer at all, because it's AAA/AAB for law and I'm predicted AAB and don't want the pressure of AAA.
Original post by Taurus05
Congratulations! What's the offer, and for what course? :biggrin:

Thank you.
I applied for English and History and the offer's AAA, which is quite disappointing. I'm confident in getting AAB, and, although AAA is what I'm predicted, I think it'll be quite difficult to get. There are other places I would much rather go over Sussex to be honest.

What have you applied for?
Original post by krussel
Everyone needs to stop worrying about acknowledgements! As we've seen, some have received an offer yet didn't receive an acknowledgement email. I am desperately hoping that Sussex give me an AAB offer if an offer at all, because it's AAA/AAB for law and I'm predicted AAB and don't want the pressure of AAA.

I'm predicted AAA and they gave me an offer for AAA. I applied for English and History and they state AAA/AAB.

I know what you mean, I don't feel confident in getting AAA. Though, I think the fact that they're tending to give out higher offers may suggest that they'd be willing to accept you if you missed it by a grade, so don't be downhearted if your offer is AAA.
Reply 136
Original post by agoetcherian
Thank you.
I applied for English and History and the offer's AAA, which is quite disappointing. I'm confident in getting AAB, and, although AAA is what I'm predicted, I think it'll be quite difficult to get. There are other places I would much rather go over Sussex to be honest.

What have you applied for?

Ah cool. The same with my grades-I'm predicted AAA but I don't know if I can get them. I've applied to UCL, Bristol, Sheffield, Sussex and Essex. Haven't heard ANYTHING from any of them unfortunately :frown:
Reply 137
Original post by RyAnMcK
Biology and yourself?

Economics and Politics
Reply 138
just got an offer for American Studies! AAB :smile:
Original post by Taurus05
Ah cool. The same with my grades-I'm predicted AAA but I don't know if I can get them. I've applied to UCL, Bristol, Sheffield, Sussex and Essex. Haven't heard ANYTHING from any of them unfortunately :frown:

Aw, that's a shame, but they'll get back to you. I got my third offer today (third in three days) so I'm a bit happier about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest