The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harbour Seal
732.5 in the UKCAT, so going to be brushing up on my mad interview skillz for Glasgow :woohoo:

Fantastic score! You applied last year didn't you? Did you interview?
Reply 281
Will it be worth applying with 662.5?
Reply 282
Original post by ChangedMyMind
I spoke to a couple of junior docs today who said Glasgow was very friendly to grad applicants!

Brillant news :biggrin: Just sent my UCAS form away today!
Reply 283
Original post by baztech
Brillant news :biggrin: Just sent my UCAS form away today!

GOOD-LUCK!
I don't think u rmbr me from the ukcat forum but where else did u apply?
applied here in the end! 667.5 ukcat so a bit risky, but hopefully its enough :redface:
Original post by atomos
applied here in the end! 667.5 ukcat so a bit risky, but hopefully its enough :redface:

Should be enough, well done on your UKCAT :smile:.
Reply 286
i have 662.5 in my ukcat and i am stuck between applying to aberdeen and glasgow, after reading this and the estimate 665 cutoff for this year ill probs stick to aberdeen:frown:
Reply 287
' Previous results have shown that the national average UKCAT total score will be in the range of 2400-2500, however this varies year on year. ' http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicine/undergraduate/medicineadmissions/entryrequirements/ukcat/

that's between 600 and 625 average. Has the average risen a lot or are tsr users exceptional? I find the poll surprisingly high. might it be that mostly people who do well answer it?
I hope so having just applied there with 640!
Reply 288
Original post by Braddd
Will it be worth applying with 662.5?

im in same boat:frown::frown: dont think i will now
Reply 289
Original post by Sophia56
im in same boat:frown::frown: dont think i will now

I think I'm still going to. I'm definitely applying to Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews so my only other choice is Edinburgh and I'm definitely not good enough for there. It's a risky choice but oh well.
Reply 290
Original post by Bongo
' Previous results have shown that the national average UKCAT total score will be in the range of 2400-2500, however this varies year on year. ' http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/medicine/undergraduate/medicineadmissions/entryrequirements/ukcat/

that's between 600 and 625 average. Has the average risen a lot or are tsr users exceptional? I find the poll surprisingly high. might it be that mostly people who do well answer it?
I hope so having just applied there with 640!

This.

However, glasgows cut off this year was around 650 (a girl I know got rejected with 649) so in my opinion your application may be a bit risky.
Original post by Vox0
This.

However, glasgows cut off this year was around 650 (a girl I know got rejected with 649) so in my opinion your application may be a bit risky.

Your score can only go up in increments of 2.5 so 649 is an impossible score.
But apart from that everything this guy's saying is correct.
652.5 was the cut off last year and people who have rang admissions this year have had the answer that around 670 should be safe.
Reply 292
Original post by Braddd
I think I'm still going to. I'm definitely applying to Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews so my only other choice is Edinburgh and I'm definitely not good enough for there. It's a risky choice but oh well.

youre scottish then? im from northern ireland and havent been to scotland before so im not too fussed really, think im gonna apply to birmingham instead
Fantastic score! You applied last year didn't you? Did you interview?

Yeah, but they rejected me due to "lack of commitment" :rolleyes: Like Kevin Hanretty said, I will take a lot of joy in getting my degree and saying "**** you Glasgow" if they reject me again for such a baseless reason.

Sorry, it still rankles.
Reply 294
Just had a look at the 2012 applicant wiki page. Nearly everybody applying to glasgow has a higher score than me... *sigh*

Looks like my 662.5 won't cut it this year. DAMN YOU VERBAL REASONING.
Original post by Braddd
DAMN YOU VERBAL REASONING.

Grrrr I hate VR too :angry:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS MY LOWEST SCORE WHY WHY WHY.

PS I know people applying with a lower score than you. Don't worry too much about it. :smile:
Original post by Braddd
Just had a look at the 2012 applicant wiki page. Nearly everybody applying to glasgow has a higher score than me... *sigh*

Looks like my 662.5 won't cut it this year. DAMN YOU VERBAL REASONING.

TSR will have a higher demographic though. Stay optimistic!
Yeah, but they rejected me due to "lack of commitment" :rolleyes: Like Kevin Hanretty said, I will take a lot of joy in getting my degree and saying "**** you Glasgow" if they reject me again for such a baseless reason.

Sorry, it still rankles.

That sucks! Were you interviewed?
That sucks! Were you interviewed?

Only at Glasgow and Dundee. I lacked any sort of confidence and that kind of shone through rather than my single mother fabulousness. This year though I will have some work experience, and my AAAAA (albeit mature student resits) and my general can-do attitude to get me through :wink: were you interviewed last year? I seem to remember you too.
Reply 299
Grrrr I hate VR too :angry:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS MY LOWEST SCORE WHY WHY WHY.

PS I know people applying with a lower score than you. Don't worry too much about it. :smile:

Yeah, I only managed to get through about 3/4 of the questions and then had to guess the last ten or so. I got 560. It's annoying because my other sections were okay (660, 690, 740) so that one section brought my average WAAAAY down.

I think I'm still going to apply seeing as I'm restricted to Scotland and I'm definitely not good enough for Edinburgh... Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending