The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Aisha~~
What the **** is this. Since when were somatotypes named after fruits and vegetables?

Using this logic, I am carrot shaped.

Using this logic, you're a man. So obviously you don't have a female body shape.
I wonder how many guys would describe themselves as an "Hourglass" :facepalm:
Original post by azmond
im dress size 16 depending on which shop it is. Which is the average size in the uk. and ok im an apple then, i got confused! Im loosing weight and doing something about it.

You got photo? Then we can see for real rather than people just persuming :smile:.x
Reply 62
Original post by azmond
lol i cant see how people can judge you by your weight and height? Im a curvy girl, yes, but im not fat.

This woman is 5'7 210lbs (15 stone)

Now, if you're as muscly as her, then no you're not fat. If your a normal person at that weight, you're fat as ****.
Reply 63
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
How can a 5'7" female honestly be healthy or look good weighing 210 lbs?

It is not helpful to pretend that this is normal or healthy.

It's not the healthiest, agreed, but I see life differently. I'm very thin because I'm vegetarian. I wanted to lose some weight and gain a bit of muscle a few months ago so I started a diet and work out routine.

I lost weight and gained muscle but to what end? I was eating 5 bowls of vegetables a day and had a strict routing. Life was ****. We have a certain amount of energy to expend in any direction we wish. I'd much rather live drinking wine, eating bread and good food because it's conducive to a healthy mind. Too much and it's indulgent. But it's dependent on the personality, and personalities vary.
Reply 64
Original post by azmond
im dress size 16 depending on which shop it is. Which is the average size in the uk. and ok im an apple then, i got confused! Im loosing weight and doing something about it.

Never spell *losing* like that ever again. Ever.
Original post by azmond
hey im, 5ft 7 and 15 stone female. Im pear shaped so carry most my weight around my tummy area and boobs! I was wondering would you consider this fat?

Well I think you already know the answer. Also pear shapes carry on their weight in the hips, bottom and thighs. You sound more like an apple shape.
Reply 66
Original post by azmond
lol i cant see how people can judge you by your weight and height? Im a curvy girl, yes, but im not fat.

You literally asked for our judgement, based on your weight and height.

Now you don't understand how we can give our judgement, based on your weight and height?

This makes no sense. Think about what you're typing.
Original post by azmond
hey im, 5ft 7 and 15 stone female. Im pear shaped so carry most my weight around my tummy area and boobs! I was wondering would you consider this fat?

Very fat - you are medically obese.
I myself was 16st and 5ft 7. I am not fat, tho I am defiantly pear shaped I hate my hips and legs and my arse well that was giant!, but have a tiny waist!. This was 8 weeks ago. I am now 14st 3lbs and look much better for it. I'm hoping to get to 12st 13lbs which according to bmi will still class me as overweight, but I will feel great so i dont care.

Lose some pounds! it isnt hard if you cut out all the right stuff!!!! I still have crisps + chocolate just in smaller amounts and not so often!.
Reply 69
Belly.
I'd love to take a bite of that juicy pear!

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
OP do you resemble any of these women?

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=5+7&weight=210&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&new=1

They are all around your height and weight.
Everyone on TSR is so horrible when people talk about weight
I hope this is a troll, because yes you are obviously un-healthy and over weight.
Get off the computer and get down the gym, now.
Reply 74
Yes, you sound disgusting.
"Skinny girls think they're chubby, chubby girls think they're fat, fat girls think they're obese, obese girls think they're supermodels."

Kevin Bridges.
She may be fat (as am I) but as long as she doesn't go around calling other people disgusting, gross oxygen-stealers she's a far more worthwhile person than half of the posters on here.
Original post by Athena21
Using this logic, you're a man. So obviously you don't have a female body shape.
I wonder how many guys would describe themselves as an "Hourglass" :facepalm:

Somatotypes transcend gender. So don't give me that bull****.
Original post by Anonymous
I myself was 16st and 5ft 7. I am not fat, tho I am defiantly pear shaped I hate my hips and legs and my arse well that was giant!, but have a tiny waist!. This was 8 weeks ago. I am now 14st 3lbs and look much better for it. I'm hoping to get to 12st 13lbs which according to bmi will still class me as overweight, but I will feel great so i dont care.

Lose some pounds! it isnt hard if you cut out all the right stuff!!!! I still have crisps + chocolate just in smaller amounts and not so often!.

No, your were fat. You can not be that height and weight without being OBESE (unless you are a BB)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by kirkio
According to NHS thats a BMI of 32.9

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

30 or above is considered obese.

So yeah basically.

BMI is a load of bull**** .. especially the 'online calculators'

I am 6' 2, and i weigh 210 pounds .. I have a 10% body fat, and i have been building muscle for 4 years .. Yet the BMI calculator says I am overweight lol

Latest