The Student Room Group

Hollister Interview

Hi,

I recently had a job interview (I applied for impact) for the new Hollister in Westfield Stratford. In my opinion, it went well as there was good eye contact throughout with the store manager and they looked very interested in what I had to say :smile: She even came up to me in the end to make sure I filled out the application correctly. I know that a lot of people say that the interview is purely based on looks as at the end she took two photographs of me. I was wondering if any of the hollister employees/ or interviewees had similar experiences at the interview.

Thanks guys

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
Ive applied for hollister as a model/sales at stratford westfield, did you apply online and pick your interview time? Where was the interview? as they have yet to to tell me, my interviw is the 16th aug

hope to hear back :smile:
Hey SummerSun I didn't apply online I saw they were recruiting through Facebook! I asked if I could come to an interview and they gave me a time and date and I went. You meet the store manager infront of Startford tube station at either 3pm (applying for model) or 4pm (applying for impact)! I went to the 4pm one..the interview is held at the theatrenext to Startford Picture House behind the existing Startford shopping center. It's very informal and they said you will hear from them within 2 weeks but since they are busy it might be 3! Good luck and tell me how it goes :smile:
I have an interview at the store in Aberdeen tomorrow. What should I expect?
Original post by Charmedpower03
Hey SummerSun I didn't apply online I saw they were recruiting through Facebook! I asked if I could come to an interview and they gave me a time and date and I went. You meet the store manager infront of Startford tube station at either 3pm (applying for model) or 4pm (applying for impact)! I went to the 4pm one..the interview is held at the theatrenext to Startford Picture House behind the existing Startford shopping center. It's very informal and they said you will hear from them within 2 weeks but since they are busy it might be 3! Good luck and tell me how it goes :smile:

are they still holding interviews coz im intrested??

hey, Thanks :smile: i went yesterday and i think it went well there was 20 of us for the model interview where she asked questions and took our picture twice like you said. a girl in the group interview asked me at the end if i already worked at hollister which is a good sign lol, let me know how it goes :smile:
I would be scared of being molested by someone if I were 'beautiful' and got a job there.
Original post by darkshadow1111

Original post by darkshadow1111
are they still holding interviews coz im intrested??

Yea, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002644062100 should tell you on there :smile:
let me know how it goes :smile:
Original post by laughylolly
I have an interview at the store in Aberdeen tomorrow. What should I expect?

They put you into a group and ask you lots of basic questions about yourself and about the Hollister brand.

However it doesn't matter how you do in the interview; if you're beautiful, you'll get it... If you're not... You won't.
Original post by Gryffindor
They put you into a group and ask you lots of basic questions about yourself and about the Hollister brand.

However it doesn't matter how you do in the interview; if you're beautiful, you'll get it... If you're not... You won't.

Had my interview last friday... still haven't heard back from them. They said they'd call within 2 weeks if I got the job. "/
Had my interview last friday... still haven't heard back from them. They said they'd call within 2 weeks if I got the job. "/

They told me that if I hadn't heard within 2 weeks, assume you haven't got the job. They go through too many people to be able to contact everybody either way.
They told me that if I hadn't heard within 2 weeks, assume you haven't got the job. They go through too many people to be able to contact everybody either way.

Did you end up getting the job? How long after your interview did you get a response if so?
Reply 12
Did you end up getting the job? How long after your interview did you get a response if so?

hey :smile: sorry for randomly quoting you but i saw you're from scotland and was wondering if you applied to the new hollister in glasgow braehead? i've applied for a job there and reallyyyyy want to know whether or not i've got a job!!!!

good luck !!! :biggrin:

ahhhh okayy just saw - aberdeen :P sorrryyyyy
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sarahellie
hey :smile: sorry for randomly quoting you but i saw you're from scotland and was wondering if you applied to the new hollister in glasgow braehead? i've applied for a job there and reallyyyyy want to know whether or not i've got a job!!!!

good luck !!! :biggrin:

ahhhh okayy just saw - aberdeen :P sorrryyyyy

Haha, it's alright. Yeah I applied for the one in Aberdeen. And thanks =)
Reply 14
Models in Hollister are chosen purely on looks (and whoever fits in with the shop identity), whereas Impacts are NOT :smile: Because they aren't the ones greeting customers inside the shop, they mostly do work in stockrooms etc so it's not purely on looks.
Good luck I hope you get the job! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by tweetyxo
Models in Hollister are chosen purely on looks (and whoever fits in with the shop identity), whereas Impacts are NOT :smile: Because they aren't the ones greeting customers inside the shop, they mostly do work in stockrooms etc so it's not purely on looks.
Good luck I hope you get the job! :smile:

cool! thanks for the info. i don't think i fit in with the "shop identity" (i do not look one bit american! really pale) so hopefully impact! :biggrin:
Reply 16
I've seen tons of girls in there with pale skin that look gorgeous! Let us know how it goes :biggrin:

I did yes but I'm not taking it as I realised couldn't possibly work in a place like that at the same time as starting College! It was around a week and a half.
Reply 18
What's the pay like out of interest?
I did yes but I'm not taking it as I realised couldn't possibly work in a place like that at the same time as starting College! It was around a week and a half.

Okay. Here's a picture of me in hollister like clothing. Do you think I'm hollister 'material' ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending