The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Maths and Finance third year

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me and send me some of last years notes, so that I can start learning the modules early as I have plenty of time before uni starts.
This is a bit of a long shot but I would REALLY appreciate any help. :redface:
Reply 1
summer holidays.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Hey i'm in first year of maths and finance and have a few modules to resit. Do you know what the best way to revise for them is? I'm thinking past papers?
Reply 3
Original post by FakeName12345
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me and send me some of last years notes, so that I can start learning the modules early as I have plenty of time before uni starts.
This is a bit of a long shot but I would REALLY appreciate any help. :redface:

The core modules have changed this year from what it's been previously, so the content won't be the same

Previous year:

MA3605 Mathematical Methods
MA3607 Differential Equations for Finance
AS3301 Investment
MA3697 Project

This year:

MA3697 Group Project
MA3603 Mathematical Methods

Which options have you chosen?
Reply 4
Original post by robot1000
The core modules have changed this year from what it's been previously, so the content won't be the same

Previous year:

MA3605 Mathematical Methods
AS3301 Investment
MA3697 Project

This year:

MA3697 Group Project
MA3603 Mathematical Methods

Which options have you chosen?

Oh right, I've chosen the following:

MA3604 Discrete Maths
MA3615 Groups and Symmetry
EC3010 Corporate finance
AS3021 Operational research

Do you know if they've changed too?
Reply 5
Apart from EC3010 Corporate Finance, the other 3 were offered as optional modules last year

However I think EC3010 is similar to Financial Economics Part 2, which was an available option
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I've chosen:

MA3604 Discrete Mathematics
MA3614 Mathematical Processes for Finance
EC3011 Introduction to Financial Derivatives
AS3021 Operational Research

The module choices form the Discrete Maths module shows as being taught in the 1st term, but according to the new timetable it's in the second term. Not very convenient , as I was hoping to spread the workload throughout both terms.

Do you know if the exams of the 1st terms modules will be taken in January, or all they all going to be in the Spring exam period?
Hi,
I'm going to take Maths process for finance exam next week. I'm a little bit worried as students are not provided past papers for revision. If you guys have those materials, could you please share with me? Also, could you please give me some advice/tips about how to revise this subject effectively and get a good mark in exam?
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending