The Student Room Group

Elms Village Flat-Mates

hi going to ev if i get accepted and just wanna ask has any1 ever got put in a flat with ppl they really hated r who they dont bother with??

im thinkin that if all goes well the 1z on my floor will b the ppl i will make friends with and hang round with, just askin is this generally the way things work out for most ppl??

also i selected the 'none of the above' when applyin for the single-sex/quiet living/alcahol-free choices and wanna know r the students mixed roughly evenly in their accomodation then like i wouldnt wanna b stuck in a floor with just girls lol

cheers all :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
My year in Elms was a complete nightmare. I got a fairly mixed group of people (in terms of sex, courses, backgrounds etc) but a few of the boys turned out just to be horrible people. They were so sectarian and rowdy, a certain amount of noise and partying etc is expected in halls but one put his head through our kitchen door, another smeared tomato ketchup on the walls, peed in the showers, peed in the mop bucket and sloshed it around the kitchen, threw the contents of the fridge/cupboards out the window. ETC ETC.
I tried to move blocks but there were no rooms available without me having to pay extra money every month. A number of people (both in my building and in other buildings) complained to Elms staff but they basically did nothing about it. The cleaners refused to clean our kitchen after Christmas which meant none of us could use it.

BUT, i also know people who are now living in rented houses/flats with the people they met in Elms. So hopefully i was just an isolated case :P But if you do get stuck with people that you don't like or whatever, press Elms staff to do something about it or ask to move.
Reply 2
Original post by Poke
My year in Elms was a complete nightmare. I got a fairly mixed group of people (in terms of sex, courses, backgrounds etc) but a few of the boys turned out just to be horrible people. They were so sectarian and rowdy, a certain amount of noise and partying etc is expected in halls but one put his head through our kitchen door, another smeared tomato ketchup on the walls, peed in the showers, peed in the mop bucket and sloshed it around the kitchen, threw the contents of the fridge/cupboards out the window. ETC ETC.
I tried to move blocks but there were no rooms available without me having to pay extra money every month. A number of people (both in my building and in other buildings) complained to Elms staff but they basically did nothing about it. The cleaners refused to clean our kitchen after Christmas which meant none of us could use it.

BUT, i also know people who are now living in rented houses/flats with the people they met in Elms. So hopefully i was just an isolated case :P But if you do get stuck with people that you don't like or whatever, press Elms staff to do something about it or ask to move.

Wow u got it rough lol dam. i hope that i defo dont get anything like that. i do know a couple of ppl stayin @ elms anyway so i suppose i got a bit af a backup if it turns out ther ****ers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending