The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sergio Kun Aguero

Original post by Sergio Kun Aguero
My school dont cash in the AS grades but I'm predicted A*AAA.

Will this affect my application ?

I expect not! Did you put the AS grades down?
Our school told us not too, so I didn't bother.

Nottinghams admission policy is stupidly opaque.
Reply 42
Hi guys,
In a bit of a pickle.
Got 9A*s at GCSE, 4A's at AS in bio maths chem physics. Predicted A*AA.
Unfortunately, just recently took my UKCAT and under performed with an average score of 610. Am hopefully applying to Birmingham and Bristol. Do i have a chance at Nottingham with my ukcat score or not? Where else do you suggest that I apply?
Cheers
Original post by Seb
It's bull that they don't care if you got AAA or A*A*A*, where's the incentive to get the best you can? Anyway, I've been reading about people worrying about UKCAT. How do they use the UKCAT? Is there a cut off? A lowest sub-section cut off? No cut off?

Nah they dnt look at A* predictions they only look at AAA, and then they verify with AS i.e if ur predicited AAA but have the coreesponding AS at ABB they would disregard ur prediction therefore make u illegible-almost word for word at the open day. They use the ukcat but not DA section. And they place a very low weighting to it-again the head of admissions said why should one day of your life affect 4 years. They look at PS and interview and top 8 GCSEs.
Reply 44
Original post by gunner4lyf44
Nah they dnt look at A* predictions they only look at AAA, and then they verify with AS i.e if ur predicited AAA but have the coreesponding AS at ABB they would disregard ur prediction therefore make u illegible-almost word for word at the open day. They use the ukcat but not DA section. And they place a very low weighting to it-again the head of admissions said why should one day of your life affect 4 years. They look at PS and interview and top 8 GCSEs.

Do you know if they will still look at GCSE's if i have already completed my A-levels??

They don't use the decision analysis section? Are you being serious? How can you prove this? the decison analysis section is explictly stated on their website. :mad::confused:
Reply 46
Pretty sure they use DA, but ring up and check if you are interested.
Original post by Organ
Pretty sure they use DA, but ring up and check if you are interested.

cheers,yeah,i might do that..
Reply 48
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
cheers,yeah,i might do that..

They used all four sections last year, not sure why they would just discard DA (but maybe they have?!).
Original post by Organ
They used all four sections last year, not sure why they would just discard DA (but maybe they have?!).

at this years open day they said first 3 sections only.
at this years open day they said first 3 sections only.

that is not true. Nottingham look at all 4 components,just listened to the podcast from the open day.
Please do not post statements which are not correct.
Reply 51
podcasts eh? things have moved on from last year.
Original post by Organ
podcasts eh? things have moved on from last year.

lol,yep,if you went on the open day,they send us a podcast in an email..pretty cool I though :biggrin:
Reply 53
hi guys,

does anyone of have any idea of how they score you on the different sections of the ukcat?

my lowest was 500, and average 600- is that too low to apply to nottingham?
Do they look heavily at AS grades or more so predictions.
Reply 55
Original post by t2700
hi guys,

does anyone of have any idea of how they score you on the different sections of the ukcat?

my lowest was 500, and average 600- is that too low to apply to nottingham?

They seem to look heavily at UK CAT so I'm guessing over 650 is about right
Im applying!! Just sent my UCAS form off.......scary stuff :eek:
Reply 57
I really wanted to apply but someone told me had no chance, i did decide to go for southampton instead but i kind of still want to put it down. what do u think honestly:
GCSE A* x 8.5 A x5 (inc maths)
AS aaab (history,chemistry, bilogy and maths)
Predictions A*A*AA plus pass in welsh bac
UKCAT: 690
Reply 58
also i went to the open day but never got sent a podcast thingy?
anyone got a link to the admissions policy please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending