The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by Caponester
I just got rejected. Thought it was a bit of an outside chance after getting interviewed so late.

Goodbye and good luck to all still in the running.

Literally just now?! So sorry to hear that, but you've had 3 interviews this year so hope for the best from the other too and good luck! :smile:

I've applied to Leeds like you, no-one really knows what they are up to either!

Anyway, best of luck again, remember you only need one interview to get one offer and you've had three so you're obviously a strong candidate :-)
Reply 1441
I just got rejected. Thought it was a bit of an outside chance after getting interviewed so late.

Have you been accepted somewhere else though? :smile:

Just read the post above :L I'm sure you'll get in somewhere, especially if you've had 3 interviews!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nick526
-

Original post by Mero8
-

Got my track update at about 4pm today. Yeah, have an offer for Belfast. Just waiting on Aberdeen to get back to me before making my choice. Leeds is totally ****ed though... Absolute waste of a choice.
Original post by andioula
Rejected as well... The gap year was not enough . Good luck to the rest of u

:frown:. Sorry to hear that. I really hoped you'd get in. Have they provided a reason other than 'competition'?
Reply 1444
Got my track update at about 4pm today. Yeah, have an offer for Belfast. Just waiting on Aberdeen to get back to me before making my choice. Leeds is totally ****ed though... Absolute waste of a choice.

Completely agree, I'd give anything to have applied to Newcastle instead! Their admissions team are completely messed up!

Anyway, congratulations on Belfast, I have a friend there and they are absolutely loving it :-)
Reply 1445
Rejected as well... The gap year was not enough . Good luck to the rest of u

Sorry to hear that! :frown:
Are you a reapplicant?
Reply 1446

That sucks, I remember you from last year! :frown:

Although at the same time, well done on getting into Belfast! :biggrin:
Reply 1447
I hate waiting, far too impatient for this. Well done on offers/sorry to hear about rejections guys.
St Andrews is the only offer left I care about, happy with conditional from Dundee and completely over all my other choices.
Original post by Anterior view
Did anyone get an offer today or was it all rejections:frown:..looking at Glasgow and Aberdeen threads admissions seem to be taking ages this year

Can you please post the link for Aberdeen admissions thread here plz. Could not find it somehow lol. Thanks
Original post by Blobefish
Can you please post the link for Aberdeen admissions thread here plz. Could not find it somehow lol. Thanks

Here it is:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1733668&page=72&p=36843600#post36843600
Reply 1451
Original post by Blobefish
wow. Sorry to hear about this :/ are you planning on applying again next year? also when did u hear about this?

no i have done my gap year enough is enough. i will apply to germany now ,where the application procedure seems to be less competitive and easier. it's easier to get in in germany but more difficult to graduate. i am really upset but i cant do anything else. surely wasnt expecting that.

good luck to you :smile:

Original post by LPScot
So so sorry to hear that :frown: Do you mind me asking when you got your email? Hope you're ok!

i received the email for the change in my ucas track at 15:00 exactly.
i will be soon..
good luck to you:smile:
Reply 1452
Original post by Kingbradley6
:frown:. Sorry to hear that. I really hoped you'd get in. Have they provided a reason other than 'competition'?

nothing else.... life goes on... i am sure u will succeed in st andrews:smile: take care

Original post by KCosmo
Sorry to hear that! :frown:
Are you a reapplicant?

yes i am...

just to let you know guys i had
ukcat 667.5
and AAABa A-levels,(physics,maths,chemistry, biology,greek accordingly)
i am from cyprus...and i hope everyone on here receive a place that they deserve
nothing else.... life goes on... i am sure u will succeed in st andrews:smile: take care

yes i am...

just to let you know guys i had
ukcat 667.5
and AAABa A-levels,(physics,maths,chemistry, biology,greek accordingly)
i am from cyprus...and i hope everyone on here receive a place that they deserve

Ask for feedback it's always good to see where you might improve. Good luck in germany
Reply 1454
Has anyone heard anything today?
Original post by Nick526
Has anyone heard anything today?

No...
Reckon we should call up and sing "Why are we waiting" down the phone :teehee:
Original post by nick526
has anyone heard anything today?

nick !

Dont worry !!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1457
Original post by cuppatea67
No...
Reckon we should call up and sing "Why are we waiting" down the phone :teehee:

Sounds like a great idea!!!!!! :L
Reply 1458
Original post by chemicalX
nick !

Dont worry !!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I really thought I would hear today, rejection or acceptance :L
Original post by nick526
i really thought i would hear today, rejection or acceptance :l

that means you most likely got accepted if the majority have been rejected :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending