The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Original post by E-wan
Would you recommend the baxter park area? Also can you get any student discounts on bus tickets? Thank you.

You can get a discount for the 73 bus which takes you to the Perth Rd for the uni.

It's Dundee zone 1 http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Fife-and-Strathtay-Unirider.aspx
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 21
Original post by dianne19x
You can get a discount for the 73 bus which takes you to the Perth Rd for the uni.

It's Dundee zone 1 http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Fife-and-Strathtay-Unirider.aspx

Thanks. I found out that my young scot card gives me 20% off travel by bus and train. So I should be fine.
Yeah dens road fine and strathmartin Road , stay away from hiltown only at night day time safe and midcragie whitfields and the likes x
Areas to avoid - Kirkton; Centre of Lochee; Charleston; Douglas; Whitfield.
Areas to choose - Perth Road/Nethergate; City Centre; Roseangle/Magdalen Yard Green; Blackness; Bottom half of City Road/Lochee Road.

Most areas in Dundee are safe. Most (particularly undergraduate) students will have no need to visit the "Housing Schemes", most of which are located on the north of the city, beyond the Law Hill (Ardler/St. Mary's; Kirkton; Fintry; Whitfield; Douglas), which is where you might very occasionally encounter mild aggravation. The Hilltown area is not especially bad, particularly since many of the old towers (multis) were brought down during the last few years. During ten years living in Dundee, I rarely came across any trouble. The only place I ever felt particularly uneasy was in Lochee High Street, walking through after dark.
(edited 9 years ago)
I might be a bit late but anyway dens road is very rough junkies everywhere and very polluted with litter in every backies! Strathmartine road could be good, well from fairmair park down to craigowl but from the Hilltown clock to clepington road its just the same junkies and neds.
Reply 25
Old thread so I'm locking it

Latest

Trending

Trending