The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Revent
What kind of stuff did you do during the year? How did you manage to fit in doing activities and what not whilst also preparing your application? How did you do your PS because you probably wouldn't have done anything for your gap year already I'd assume? Sorry I'm just a bit upset so my minds overflowing with thoughts :o:

Start early, I applied for jobs ~ april time, went to interviews during exam times, prepared for my UKCAT during lunch breaks etc etc.
I work two nhs jobs and did so all summer aswell (I can relax when my contract finishes and I have a place and then make up for it this summer was the mentality)
Ps was done on here, re-wrote it completley also wrote that I was going to do the HCA job in it because I hadn't started yet and that it would give me experience in x,y and z.
UKCAT I did just like as an when I could for two weeks up to the exam.
I carried on half of my voluntary activities and dropped the other half.
Still do all my Ec's.
I work in a microbiology lab and also part time as a HCA.
My advice would be, go out this weekend, get over it, but next week or the week after start planning.
The earlier you start the easier it is and start dates can be negotiated.
Also, when applying for jobs be cheeky.
One of the jobs i'm in at the moment said "internal only".
I didn't mention my intentions of applying to medschool during job interviews either.
Any other advice / questions ask me or any of the other gappers here, i'm sure we'll be more than happy to help.
There's a welsh saying that helped me a lot.
"Dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"
It means constant tapping breaks the stone.
Keep chipping away and you'll get there man. I know what you're going through and how it feels.
But remember what's a year in a 40 year career?
Reply 5021
I've refreshed my inbox, junk mail & ucas track a billion times this past week

barts please give me an offer <3
offer yay
had my interview 28th feb (had to reschedule)
Original post by atayi1234
offer yay
had my interview 28th feb (had to reschedule)

Are you a reapplicant or a school leaver out of interest?
Original post by Normandy114
Are you a reapplicant or a school leaver out of interest?

reapplicant
hmm, looking back at the barts and the london 2011 thread, seems like they started giving out offers on a friday as well for school leavers. hmm....
Does it mean any reapplicant that has not heard anything will be rejected?
Original post by Crowned Temmy
Does it mean any reapplicant that has not heard anything will be rejected?

Dude... we've only just started :tongue:
Original post by MuffinMonster
Dude... we've only just started :tongue:

Started getting offers or started getting rejections?
Original post by Crowned Temmy
Started getting offers or started getting rejections?

There doesn't seem to be a clear cut pattern.
Anyone who gets rejected from all 4 universities take a gap year, I've irked as a HCA for the last 7 months and its the best thing I've done its got me so comfortable with patient contact and bedside manner..... just don't give up!

Anyone who has got an offer when did you get the email from Barts telling you of the offer Open Day and other info????? i didn't get one today but guess it will be monday.....cant wait to get every thing started on accepting....plus the offer doesn't feel real until the Uni confirms it themselves... I'm worried that UCAS sent the offer to the wrong person aha :s-smilie:
Reply 5031
congrats to all those who received offers! nice to know there is some news to be disributed :smile:

to Revent: mate i've seen you in the medicine 2012 hopeful thread and knew how much you wanted this and you must be gutted but the fact that you got interviewed just means you have the capabilities!
i know whatever i say can't cheer you up but from what I've seen you defo have courage and bravery to say your news on this thread! if anything well done to you!

please please please others hope and pray and (iA) we all can hear good news
this is my last medicine uni...please please please! C'mon!!
Reply 5032
Original post by Revent
:

mate i've seen you in the medicine 2012 hopeful thread and knew how much you wanted this and you must be gutted but the fact that you got interviewed just means you have the capabilities!
i know whatever i say can't cheer you up but from what I've seen you defo have courage and bravery to say your news on this thread! if anything well done to you!

P.S: just shows how quickly you've opened your mind, although I know its thoughts of confusion :hugs:
Reply 5033
Original post by krispykremes
Wooo, well done!!!! When was your interview?

Thank you. 20th Feb 11:20am
Reply 5034
Can I just point out that BATL Applicants 2011 thread had its 5000th post on 29/4 whereas BATL Applicants 2012 has had its 5000th post on 9/3...about a month ahead!
Well done! Haha...
Please Barts I need this, you are the only uni which has not currently rejected me.. I want to be a doctor please......(I sound so whiney but cant help it every day at 4:47 I have a mini panic attack and then a few hours of depression)
Although congratulations to those with offers
Reply 5036
Got an offer today :smile:
So excited!!! I'm currently on a gap year so I've been waiting forever for this!!!
I'm a bit nervous about living in E1 to be honest but hopefully I'll be okay :biggrin:
Reply 5037
Original post by Tinth
Got an offer today :smile:
So excited!!! I'm currently on a gap year so I've been waiting forever for this!!!
I'm a bit nervous about living in E1 to be honest but hopefully I'll be okay :biggrin:

lol your from nottingham, the only people who can complain about E1 are rural southwest/welsh/scottish

On the plus side, just had a chat with family, finances sorted!!!!!!barts here i come.
Original post by Tripo
lol your from nottingham, the only people who can complain about E1 are rural southwest/welsh/scottish

On the plus side, just had a chat with family, finances sorted!!!!!!barts here i come.

I'm welsh and I still have no idea what E1 is apart from a postcode.
Reply 5039
Original post by joemullally
I'm welsh and I still have no idea what E1 is apart from a postcode.

i meant going from rural areas to e1(east london) is a bigger jump/shock than places like manc or brum or other cosmopolitan(NOT IMMIGRANT) places.

Big up the welsh though, love the accent, dated a valley girl, only girlfriend i ever paid attention when talking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending