The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

finally got an acknowledgement! This waiting game is killing me!
Reply 241
Hey everyone, I had an interview last year and Peninsula and got in so if anyone has any questions or needs tips feel free to contact me :smile:

My interview letter came in around mid Nov and was interviewed in Dec.

Good luck to everyone xx
Original post by rrelish
Hey everyone, I had an interview last year and Peninsula and got in so if anyone has any questions or needs tips feel free to contact me :smile:

My interview letter came in around mid Nov and was interviewed in Dec.

Good luck to everyone xx

Ah awesome, would love to be in your position right now haha.
Did you get an email before the letter or vice versa?
Anyone know the applicant numbers for this year?
Reply 244
threads a bit quiet, ukcat results were released today so Im guessing interviews will be given out in a week or two! Nervous!
Reply 245
Original post by hopes

Original post by hopes
threads a bit quiet, ukcat results were released today so Im guessing interviews will be given out in a week or two! Nervous!

I hope so! the wait is making me nervous!
Reply 246
Original post by hopes

Don't worry if you don't hear before xmas...I got an interview letter at the end of Jan last year and was beginning to despair.
Reply 247
GAMSAT isn't out yet
If you miss the UKCAT cut off when are you rejected?

By when I mean around what time in the year?
Original post by telephone

In the acknowledgment email they said "Successful applicants will be notified of an interview by the end of December 2011 at the latest."
So I presume you'll also know by then if you've been unsuccessful?

I missed the cut off last year and didn't hear a thing until feb.
I had 617.5.
They also tell you their cut off nearish december (when people ask them by email etc) so you kinda expect it though so it's not that bad, it just wasn't UCAS official.

Original post by mementomori
In the acknowledgment email they said "Successful applicants will be notified of an interview by the end of December 2011 at the latest."
So I presume you'll also know by then if you've been unsuccessful?

Quote above is also relevant to you
Reply 251
Does anybody know the numbers? Let's get some positive conversation flowing people! As in how many people applied, interviewed and then the post interview chance of an offer. Useful info for everyone I think :smile:
Reply 252
Original post by hopes
Does anybody know the numbers? Let's get some positive conversation flowing people! As in how many people applied, interviewed and then the post interview chance of an offer. Useful info for everyone I think :smile:

Possibly also very depressing info as well though :P I'd rather not know haha!
Original post by twelve
Possibly also very depressing info as well though :P I'd rather not know haha!

Original post by hopes

According to the stalking page (which is always a very valuable source of information) There's at least 19 of us applying for spots.
However I think that there's less people on the stalking page for here this year than there was last year?
could indicate less applicants.
Original post by joemullally
According to the stalking page (which is always a very valuable source of information) There's at least 19 of us applying for spots.
However I think that there's less people on the stalking page for here this year than there was last year?
could indicate less applicants.

Weren't the requirements AAB last year?

AAA for med i think
This year they're A*AA/AAA so they can't have jumped that much.
AAA for med i think

I guess not, I was just thinking if it was AAB last year then that would almost definitely mean less applicants this year, but if not then they've probably gone up if anything.
I guess not, I was just thinking if it was AAB last year then that would almost definitely mean less applicants this year, but if not then they've probably gone up if anything.

Med applications are down by like 8% on last year, except some places which have gone up.
On the whole most have gone down.
last year was mental because of the cheaper fee's etc etc.
It only affects english applicants but they're a significant bulk of applications.
Reply 258

AAA for med i think

True, but surely the fact that there's a possibility of A*AA offers might mean less applicants?
Reply 259

No, they were AAA for me and everyone else I know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending