The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Hmm thats a valid point. I didn't think about that, what happens if you intercalate do you get a BSc from the Exeter or Plymouth?
Original post by OSharp
Hmm thats a valid point. I didn't think about that, what happens if you intercalate do you get a BSc from the Exeter or Plymouth?

You can choose to intercalate at the University of Plymouth, University of Exeter or anywhere externally.
Anybody know when info packs are going out? My offer isn't through ucas (don't ask) so i'm getting a bit twitchy that thy've forgotten me or something....
They said around may time once they've allocated you your university
Reply 1404
Sooooo, grades depending what is everyone most looking forward to about going to PCMD?
I'm definitely going, but cant wait for the new clubs. Would like to get into water sports, yourself?
Original post by Cheddar
Here you go.

hey can someone invite me to the facebook group or accept my request? I'm Francis De Castro lol

thanks!
Hi,
If you've got an offer for Peninsula for 2012 entry, do you know if youre at Exeter or Plymouth yet?
Reply 1408
Original post by hannah1994
Hi,
If you've got an offer for Peninsula for 2012 entry, do you know if youre at Exeter or Plymouth yet?

You find out in May after you've firmed them I think :smile:
Reply 1409
all those applying to student finance, can we apply before allocation? I think this year I'm going to use all paper forms 'cause it gets too confusing online!
Original post by hopes
all those applying to student finance, can we apply before allocation? I think this year I'm going to use all paper forms 'cause it gets too confusing online!

Nope as you have to put down Exeter or Plymouth as your institution
Original post by fdecas150
hey can someone invite me to the facebook group or accept my request? I'm Francis De Castro lol

thanks!

Don't know how to accept people sorry :redface:. I think only the admin people can do it.
Original post by PeaceFreak
Nope as you have to put down Exeter or Plymouth as your institution

No you don't, I've already sorted my student finance out as you can put peninsula down as the institution.
Original post by AndrewWong92
No you don't, I've already sorted my student finance out as you can put peninsula down as the institution.

This is what I've done as well :smile:
They've just sent me a declaration in the post, haven't signed it yet though
When you say sorted do you mean everything's confirmed?
I've still got to wait for my offer to become unconditional so I can open a student account and give student finance the bank details, which won't be until around may :s-smilie:

Ah right, this is what happened last year. Didn't know they had their own slot this year
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
This is what I've done as well :smile:
They've just sent me a declaration in the post, haven't signed it yet though
When you say sorted do you mean everything's confirmed?
I've still got to wait for my offer to become unconditional so I can open a student account and give student finance the bank details, which won't be until around may :s-smilie:

I've signed that and sent it already :P

Yeah all the loans/grants have been confirmed :smile: and yeah waiting for my offer to become unconditional too. Do you know which student accounts are good and give any sort of offers?
Hello! I was just reading through the course information when I saw this:
We can only accept students who are physically and mentally capable of meeting the demands placed upon them by a medical degree and by the professional duties of a qualified medical practitioner. We'll seek, where possible, to make any reasonable adjustments to help if you have specific health requirements and challenges. The final determination of admission will be based on an occupational health assessment and there may be cases where the College feels it's unable to offer a place to a student because of significant health issues that will affect their fitness to practise medicine.
All students must complete a pre-course health screening form which you need to have signed by your general practitioner (GP) and may also include a meeting or medical examination with the College's occupational health doctors. Students who don't tell us at the admission stage about a mental or physical health problem that may affect their ability to practise, and which is later revealed, may face a serious fitness to practise issue with the College. Students may also be referred to the appropriate Fitness to Practise Committee and may have to withdraw from the programme of study.

and I realised I literally have no idea what an occupational health assessment or examination actually consists of and now I'm feeling the fear of the unknown lol. Can anyone enlighten me?
I've signed that and sent it already :P

Yeah all the loans/grants have been confirmed :smile: and yeah waiting for my offer to become unconditional too. Do you know which student accounts are good and give any sort of offers?

I'm going to open one with lloyds just because me and my family have been with them for years and have had no problems. But I also found out recently, that their interest-free overdraft for students increases from £1500 to £2000 after 3 years or something, and I haven't seen a better offer for medical students, who will obviously need this for 5 years.
Other banks do little freebies and things but according to my dad (who's an accountant) that's all superficial, interest-free overdraft will save your life and will save you from a bad credit history :smile:
And if you're business-minded (and can pay it back) you can actually use it to make money from borrowed money by gaining interest on it.. :ninjagirl:
Reply 1418
hi guys - does anyone know the deadline for firming peninsula?! Can't find it on the website and slightly worried as still havnt heard anything from Leeds and dont want to leave it too long! :smile:
Original post by 7palmer
hi guys - does anyone know the deadline for firming peninsula?! Can't find it on the website and slightly worried as still havnt heard anything from Leeds and dont want to leave it too long! :smile:

You don't have to make a decision until you've heard from all of your choices :smile:
I think the deadline is the end of may but check UCAS dates and deadlines for replying to offers, peninsula don't have their own deadline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending