The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pengcheng
Yes, we are. But we don't look identical. Anyway, you will find out in October. :p:

Identical Twins

The net result of splitting at an early embryonic stage may be to produce so-called identical twins. Since such twins derive from the same fertilized egg, the hereditary material from which they originate is absolutely identical in every way, down to the last gene locus. While developmental and genetic differences between one "identical" twin and another still may arise through a number of processes (e.g., mutation), these twins are always found to be of the same sex. They are often breathtakingly similar in appearance, frequently down to very fine anatomic and biochemical details (although their fingerprints are differentiable).

identical but look different. How rare : )
Reply 21
well that killed the conversation!

has anyone heard anything from the pool yet?
Reply 22
lisa_2k
well that killed the conversation!

has anyone heard anything from the pool yet?

No. :frown: dont think i will sob sob. Ah well Bristol it is then.
Reply 23
Got rejected yesterday
I'm actually not bothered about it at all which i don't really understand! I thought I'd be at least a little upset but it was just a relief to finally hear so its all over and there's no more what ifs? in my head!
It was always a dream to get into cambridge and i don't think i ever really saw myself getting in! so i'm still pretty happy that i got pooled!
good luck to all the rest of you still in the pool and congrats to anyone with offers
Reply 24
purplemil
Got rejected yesterday
I'm actually not bothered about it at all which i don't really understand! I thought I'd be at least a little upset but it was just a relief to finally hear so its all over and there's no more what ifs? in my head!
It was always a dream to get into cambridge and i don't think i ever really saw myself getting in! so i'm still pretty happy that i got pooled!
good luck to all the rest of you still in the pool and congrats to anyone with offers

aww, sorry to hear that.

where are you planning to go now then?
Reply 25
So there are actually engineers still here that have been pooled and not just left after posting that. Thought I was kind of on my own.

Sorry to hear about the rejection, I would be totally suprised if I got anything but that. Needless to say that's what I thought when I was applying. Heard nothing though at all. Its just frustrating; I would like to know the decision and be able to deal with it then be stuck in limbo. There was one guy at my school who also got pooled and got rejected on friday.

7 weeks tomorrow since I had my interview. At this rate I'll hear in August lol.
AAA St. John's. Hate me lol.

Highly unlike I'm going to make the grades though.
Reply 27
of course you will
Thought I'd mosey on in here. I'm a Catz applicant from Scotland and I've just received my results. I had an offer of AAA and got ABB. I'm just sitting tight and waiting for the college to decide.

Good luck to everyone here, in whatever you do.
Reply 29
Have you called them up? I guess they'll wait till the England A-levels come out before they decide
jonas123
Have you called them up? I guess they'll wait till the England A-levels come out before they decide

I've called them up and they pretty much told me to sit tight.

How is everyone else feeling?
Intelligentsia
Highly unlike I'm going to make the grades though.

Evidently, I stand corrected. :biggrin:
so now that results are out, who's joining us?

I'm a st catz engineering student about to go into my third year, so if anyone has any questions about the course etc I'd be happy to help.
Reply 33
Intelligentsia
Evidently, I stand corrected. :biggrin:

Congrats!

I'm Talha from Holland. Had an AA offer, got AAAA. Hope to see you all soon! :smile:
Reply 34
im in. sidney sussex

Latest

Trending

Trending