The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing the exam on the 23rd! Opps!
im studying
social psychology -relationships
social psychology - pro n anti social behaviour
comparative psychology- evolution of human behaviour

No doubt i'll probably resit in June! hopefully not!
Reply 2
Podge
im doing the exam on the 23rd! Opps!
im studying
social psychology -relationships
social psychology - pro n anti social behaviour
comparative psychology- evolution of human behaviour

No doubt i'll probably resit in June! hopefully not!

I'm doing none of that!! Lol!
I have the (mis)fortune of doing Paranormal Psychology, Criminology and Exceptional Psychology. What you're doing sounds more interesting :frown:
You would not believe how dull paranormal is, it sounds all interesting but two lessons in to it and you are just so bored! Criminology's quite cool, but exceptional development is dull (that one is probs just me, i find the whole idea of child development a snooze, hence me not applying for psychology at uni!).
Oh well, let's hope we do well enough to avoid having to re-revise it for June!!
Paddy
Reply 3
yeah i've got unit 4 on the 23rd, but also got unit 4 chemistry on the same day so probably won't do as well as i should. We're doing;

Biological rhythms, sleep and dreaming
pro and anti social behaviour
identity formation, freud etc....

dreading it, i've been predicted an A but with having my chemistry on the same day i know i'm not going to do aswell :mad:
Reply 4
.:fluff:.
yeah i've got unit 4 on the 23rd, but also got unit 4 chemistry on the same day so probably won't do as well as i should. We're doing;

Biological rhythms, sleep and dreaming
pro and anti social behaviour
identity formation, freud etc....

dreading it, i've been predicted an A but with having my chemistry on the same day i know i'm not going to do aswell :mad:

I'm sure you'll be fine! Wow I didn't know there were so many topics available!! Feel sorry for you with Chemistry tho, that's hard :frown:
Paddy
Reply 5
Oooo I'm doing this exam!

I'm doing cognitive development, stress and criminology. Stress is way too sceintific for me :confused: , criminology was dissappointing, but cognitive development was actually quite interesting :smile: (considering that I hate psychology lol!).

Of the three exams I've got coming up, it's the one I'm most confident with.

Joe
Reply 6
Joe_JBB
Oooo I'm doing this exam!

I'm doing cognitive development, stress and criminology. Stress is way too sceintific for me :confused: , criminology was dissappointing, but cognitive development was actually quite interesting :smile: (considering that I hate psychology lol!).

Of the three exams I've got coming up, it's the one I'm most confident with.

Joe

I know Criminology wasn't really that good, but compared to the other modules I've had it's great. I know Psychology is just so rubbish, some of those studies you're just thinking 'yeah I could have told you that mate'!
Luckily it's my only exam this term *wooo*, can't wait til it's over :biggrin:
Paddy
Reply 7
what sort of things do you learn whilst studying criminology. like with relationships you learn why we are first attracted to someone, why we form relationships, how we maintain them, why relationships break up etc.
Reply 8
I'm sure you'll be fine! Wow I didn't know there were so many topics available!! Feel sorry for you with Chemistry tho, that's hard
Paddy

Thanks :smile: i I probably will be fine but you know the pre-examination anxiety that strikes everyone about a week or so before an exam. All those "i should have revised more, must cram for 18 hours a day or I'm going to fail!"...or something along those lines...lol :wink:
Reply 9
Podge
what sort of things do you learn whilst studying criminology. like with relationships you learn why we are first attracted to someone, why we form relationships, how we maintain them, why relationships break up etc.

Hiya, well we learnt about ways of measuring crime and problems with them (I actually found this quite interesting, although it was more sociology than psychology), then we learnt different theories of offending - such as biological theories, behaviourist/social theories, psychoanalytical theories, and Eysenck's personality theory. And then we learnt about treatment of offenders.

That's it briefly, it even sounds quite interesting to me when I put it like that lol!

Joe
Reply 10
Joe_JBB
Hiya, well we learnt about ways of measuring crime and problems with them (I actually found this quite interesting, although it was more sociology than psychology), then we learnt different theories of offending - such as biological theories, behaviourist/social theories, psychoanalytical theories, and Eysenck's personality theory. And then we learnt about treatment of offenders.

That's it briefly, it even sounds quite interesting to me when I put it like that lol!

Joe

Did you not do criminal profiling? That wasn't too bad, quite interesting actually. Well, iteresting for psychology :wink:
Paddy
Reply 11
We did four topics, in case one question is awful: relationships, pro&antisocial behaviour, brain&behaviour & biological rhythms. So much to learn!
Reply 12
I'm so jealous, I want criminology! Are you doing the AQA A specification or the B?

I'm doing AQA A:

Social - Relationships
Social - Pro and anti-social behaviour
Developmental - Gender and personality

Fun...I've got a law exam 4 days before it, and an English the day after

*brain explodes*
Reply 13
supercat
We did four topics ..... So much to learn!

our college was going to do that....but we all petitioned against it saying we would only learn 3 anyway n it would be tooo much to learn! i'm struggling with 3! lol
Reply 14
Melana
I'm so jealous, I want criminology! Are you doing the AQA A specification or the B?

I'm doing AQA A:

Social - Relationships
Social - Pro and anti-social behaviour
Developmental - Gender and personality

Fun...I've got a law exam 4 days before it, and an English the day after

*brain explodes*

Hellooooo!
Yeah I'm on spec B, it's really confusing that there's two, especially when I was doing my UCAS form :confused:
Meh it's not that great, just thank God you're not doing paranormal psychology, it's interesting for the first lesson, then you start trying to move things with your mind.... at your teacher :mad:
I'm not kidding her voice just gives yio a headache, it's like she has someone scratching a chalkboard in her throat :frown:
Yay only one exam this term :biggrin:
Although I have to learn about 1000 words of Latin translation for Tuesday, and I haven't started.... What did my teacher expect?!
Paddy
*slowy goes insane*
Reply 15
Oh dear. Latin. My god.

Is paranormal psychology like matilda?

*really should not be going to do a psychology degree if this is the way she thinks*
Reply 16
Melana
Oh dear. Latin. My god.

Is paranormal psychology like matilda?

*really should not be going to do a psychology degree if this is the way she thinks*

:rofl:
Yes and no dear. Yes, in that what Matilda does would constitute part of paranormal psychology, no in that it's about more than that (unfortunately).
Basically it's about Extra Sensory Perception (in specific Clairvoyancy, Precognition and Telepathy) and Psycho Kinesis (i.e. moving/affecting stuff).
Honest to god I hope you learn more useful stuff in your degree!!
Paddy
Reply 17
.:fluff:.
yeah i've got unit 4 on the 23rd, but also got unit 4 chemistry on the same day so probably won't do as well as i should.

I have exactly the same problem.

For my topics I'm doing:
Biological rhythms, sleep & dreaming,
Cognitive development,
Social and personality development.

There are two psychology teachers at my college - one does the weedy subjects, one tends to be slightly more 'hardcore' with the things he picks. For the beginning of A2 everyone was shuffled around between teachers, and then around again at the start of second year, so he grudgingly went with the sleep & dreaming topic- the other teacher is doing relationships and evolutionary explanations of behaviour - which, according to my friends in that group, is mostly common sense.

It's a drag that there's so much to learn. I was okay with two topics at a time for AS - three at a time is a drag - and I only have two weeks to learn everything in!
Reply 18
Erana
.........the other teacher is doing relationships and evolutionary explanations of behaviour - which, according to my friends in that group, is mostly common sense.

it is quite straightforward and common sense. feel like you can relate to things more easily so therefore more easier to remember.

Relationships -A dude called "Duck" devised a theory of relationship dissolution(breakdown) and basically has 4 stages and include things such as you...have to either confront the prob. or avoid it and carry on going out......have the "can i live without them?" dilemma....tell friends about it (AKA b*tch about the guy/girl)....make up a story so it seems you are the victim...etc

Evol. psychology...- what girls go for in guys and why.....vice versa...E.g Men big and strong...women "large eyes, small nose" (which apparently is attractive...i wouldn't know!) er...why we get depressed....have OCDS...have Phobias....basically everything relates back to the fact that we became hunter gathers and aren't meant to walk on 2 legs but 4 and survival (reproduction)!
Reply 19
OMG my exam is 5 days away!!! I'm ever so slightly freaking out!!
Yet am I going to revise tonight? Well it's not my fault Desperate Housewives in on tonight :rolleyes:
Paddy

Latest

Trending

Trending