The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Yeah...anyway, we still haven't named anymore sub-genres so lets keep it going. I'm liking the whole debatey thing!! :biggrin:
Reply 581
Higgy
i really love Kate Ryan but the thing is hardly anyone in this country has heard of her but it is 'Belgian Trance' with many many pop elements lol

I've heard of her. She was massive in Germany a few years ago when i used to watch Viva TV for all the lastest European dance music. The only thing that i really dislike about her is the fact that she sings in French which i personally think doesn't sound right. Apart from that she's quite good.
Reply 582
Her last album only had 1 song sung in French, although all her singles have been released in French, Libertine was a class tune and had a nice video :wink:,shes quite hot as well
Reply 583
Higgy
shes quite hot as well

Very very hot, mate :biggrin:
That seems to be the whole image of dance music (hot women)....in dance music videos (usually more commercial stuff) its normally women running around in skimpy clothes....definately seems to be male targeted!! Whenever they try to do it different though, the video is really rubbish.
Reply 585
beach_surf_babe
That seems to be the whole image of dance music (hot women)....in dance music videos (usually more commercial stuff) its normally women running around in skimpy clothes....definately seems to be male targeted!! Whenever they try to do it different though, the video is really rubbish.

But that happens in other types of music too such as R'n'B and Pop for example.
Reply 586
Ultrabeat videos are always good :biggrin:
Reply 587
beach_surf_babe

tbh most videos of anything seem to be boring nowadays:s:
talking of videos, does anyone remember the vid for ATB - 9pm (til i come)? i always got the feeling that there was some sort of plot to it, yet to this day it still doesn't make any sense...i mean what was the exploding chicken at the end all about? did it even actually explode or did it vanish in a puff of smoke? :s:
Reply 589
Most German dance videos are a bit odd, if you ever get the chance wathc MTV Germany, every other song on it is a dance song and they have some seriously weird videos to them all.
Reply 590
Higgy
Most German dance videos are a bit odd, if you ever get the chance wathc MTV Germany, every other song on it is a dance song and they have some seriously weird videos to them all.

Wish I had that channel then.:frown:
Reply 591
qwerty_st/n
talking of videos, does anyone remember the vid for ATB - 9pm (til i come)? i always got the feeling that there was some sort of plot to it, yet to this day it still doesn't make any sense...i mean what was the exploding chicken at the end all about? did it even actually explode or did it vanish in a puff of smoke? :s:

what?:confused: i dont remember that
vin
what?:confused: i dont remember that

I don't think there were any exploding chickens in the one I've seen...wasn't it some kinda case being passed on (like it was really top secret) and then at the end it was a big party??

Your right about music videos being a bit pants these days...sometimes there are some good ones. The Gorillaz ones are quite good, saw an old Bowie video the otherday..totally mad but still quite interesting! :biggrin:
Reply 593
Elements
Wish I had that channel then.:frown:

I've only managed to watch it in Germany and...........Portugal of all places
go -->here<-- and click to re-launch the video player, you'll have to ignore the ads....this is the vid i remember...now don't be telling me that that's not an exploding chicken :eek:
Reply 595
Yeah, i remember the exploding chicken. Happens right at the end of the vid... at the climax, if you will.

Most dance videos are rubbish, to be fair. Some of Scooter's videos are quite good. Maria was very good. But even they are hit and miss. Weekend, for example, was just plain odd.

But who needs a video anyway. They are only promotional tools.
Reply 596
qwerty_st/n
go -->here<-- and click to re-launch the video player, you'll have to ignore the ads....this is the vid i remember...now don't be telling me that that's not an exploding chicken :eek:

the site doesnt work:frown:, but ill take your word for it:biggrin:, i cant really remember any good recent videos actually:hmmmm2: although i can remember some crap ones:biggrin:
Reply 597
I know some good trance/dance music videos if anyone's interested?^o)
Reply 598
Elements
I know some good trance/dance music videos if anyone's interested?^o)

such as?:smile:
Reply 599
vin
such as?:smile:

The video to The Opera Song (Brave New World) by Jurgen Vries feat. CMC. That video is so snazzy!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest