liamcol123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So, I'm bored and just thought I'd drag some bouncer related stories outta you lot! What I mean is like, have you ever encountered a hilarious doorman? One who made a fool of himself? Or of course, the horror stories of doormen around the country.

The worst doormen I've encountered were at Ministry of Sound, it was a UTR event, which is a 16+ event, which of course means many many many jumped up teenagers who didn't really understand the... etiquette? Of clubs yet (me most likely being on of them, not gonna lie here). So yeah, working as a bouncer that night would have been awful, but I don't condone what they did. At the end of the night everyone was lining up for the cloakroom, all at the same time which meant the line was stretching right back toward the toilet area and almost directly into the toilets. The bouncers came over and told us all to move and stuff, which most people did bar a few pricks, and me and the bloke in front of me in the queue were having a little chat. Let's call him Bob. Bob then turned around, and stood there for a bit minding his own buissness, when the bouncer grabbed him by the collar and pulled him out the queue, Bob then asked the bouncer why he got pulled out of the line, and the bouncer simply said "Watch it" and pushed him into the toilets. At Ministry of Sound theres a tiny little corridor bit between the actual toilets and the entrance, with two doors inbetween. The bouncer pushed Bob into this little corridor, and then locked both doors. Two of the people I was there with were in the actual toilets as it happened, and they saw him get pushed in followed by the bouncer, they then heard him getting... In lack of a lighter term, beat up by the bouncer, sounds like the kids head being knocked against the wall/door etc. Another bouncer then walked into the toilet and stood by the door, so that they couldn't get out while it was going on, and a kid in the toilet threatened to call the police, to which the bouncer shrugged and replied "Go on then". I buggered off by that point, but the bouncer eventually let them all out the toilet and we all went home, didn't see Bob though so can't tell if he actually got injured at all.

So yeah, that's the worst bouncer experience I've had, just wondering if anyone else has any tales of wonder

Ps. I'm not intending to scare anyone away from clubbing or make them nervous, I understand there's a lot of people on TSR who maybe have never been before and are planning on going at university, this has only ever happened once, at Ministry, at 5.30am at a 16+ event, most other bouncers I've dealt with have been very courteous and friendly, don't let this horror story terrify you :grin:

TL;DR - I heard a guy get beat up, any stories you guys got?
Frankster1992
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Alot of doormen are bullies, but alot of them are also down to earth and reasonable.
cid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair to the guys they do have to deal with some idiots, case in point.

Last year, a swam of squaddies descend on Chatham, a place already heaving with their likes as well as the 'orrible locals, i unfortunately fall into both categories sowee. Any way an unusally high surge were making their presence known due to some extra trade training taking place down that way.

It was a Tuesday night and a particular watering hole was offering £1 spirit + mixers all night long, this had the desired effect of drawing a crowd. We're not much liked down that way anyway, so matters were not helped when some of the lads decided to remove their clothes on the dance floor, this act was then taken up by everyone in the establishment who enjoys employment within Her Majesties most glorious of Corps, it did rather surprisingly die down rather quickly, the bouncers were very professional, identified the ring leaders removed them from the equation and eventually everyone else started to behave again.

Unfortunately after about 30 Gin and lemonades my associate had managed to convince me that trying to steal the huge flag hanging over the entrance was not only a good idea but the most important mission in British history, well as you can guess at my level of inebriation i did not the most subtle thief make, after jumping to grab said flag and missing about 5 ...maybe 6 times i eventually grabbed it, pulled it down and stuffed it under my shirt, i went to walk out of the club nonchalantly only to realise i had obviously been spotted, at this i attempted to run away and was promptly bear hugged by a strapping fellow who must have been at least 6 ft 5 and 16 stone.

At this point i knew the game was up, the point was further made as his pal took my hard won flag, and grabbed my arm twisting it in a most uncomfortable way, i then felt what must have been a mag lite forcefully massage my rib cage as i received an intimate encounter with the outside wall of the club. Since i was too drunk to even see straight i decided there was no point even trying to resist, put up no fight and after a minute they must have decided they could not justify any further play time and so with a friendly two handed shove to the floor told me to do one.77

This is a display of good conduct on the behalf of the bouncers, they had had quite a stressful night and then found themselves confronted with a prick stealing from the establishment, and showed enough restraint to leave no bruises.

I am however still not welcome at the night spot.
username163729
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I generally keep out of the eye of bouncers so i've never ran into any serious trouble, but yeh, the worst I ever get is being called Bruce Lee or something, and even then, it was back at my home town (which is horrendous as it is).

At the city my uni is, one club is known to just constantly be throwing people out, although it's little wonder why because it has the cheapest quad-vods i've ever known.
spillersam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One thing that annoys me as a doorman is when people expect you to remember them all the time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads