Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

railcards for people 26 years old and over Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is there a railcard for people aged 26 and over to transfer to when the 16-25 young persons railcard expired?

ReputationRep:
    You have to pay normal prices some time, so no.

EDIT: There isn't a general one that covers all operators anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Some rail operators operate various discount cards, have a look on their websites.

ReputationRep:
    Different rail operators have different discounts Like monthy passes which give you money off etc.

ReputationRep:
    if in london/southeast area here http://www.railcard.co.uk/clientfiles/File/map.pdf theres the network railcard http://www.railcard.co.uk/network

sadly not for the rest of us! need to be old... or young ... or disabled

ReputationRep:
    If you are a full time mature student (any age - I am nearly 60), you can get the young persons railcard. You get some odd looks when you use it. I had to get my application signed by someone at the university and an official UEA stamp and then just went to the station with a photo.
    I wish I had known this earlier. Would have saved loads over the last 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    You can get the 16-25 card if you are sill in education.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    As others have said, if you are a student you can get one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    Is there a railcard for people aged 26 and over to transfer to when the 16-25 young persons railcard expired?
    if you are still in full time education, you can get national rail care. All you need is a letter form your education institution confirming that you are in full time education.

Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.