The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ryoku
damb it, read my posts, it's GENERAL catagories, if i tried to narrow it down to each group, then i'd miss Some out, and i wouldn't have room for them all in the poll, GOD DAMB IT, Y WON'T ANYONE LISTEN!

All I'm saying is that they seem narrow. The names you use are mostly insults in my school. The other catagory is what basicaly everyone would put themselfs into.
where I'm from townies are known as 'steeks' or 'spides'. and since most english people seem to think that your average Northern Irish accent is awful, imagine that exagerated by 10 times.

your typical NI townie will dress similarly to those from the rest of the UK but will not be able to speak without using the words 'like' ("leek") 'f**k' ("fawk") or 'b****cks' ("ballax"). oh n i cnt forgot the ageing townie who will drive around in an ancient Nova with the dance music in their car blasting out ("stick on the beat bax")

they actually frighten me
Reply 42
We tend to call em pikies. They go around with caps on the back of their heads like they were Jewish, riding messed up BMX's out of someones backyard, always on the lowest gear for some odd reason. This is stricktly wrong. True pikies have to live in caravans. Only have a few of those.
i am an individual.

love Katy ***
Reply 44
can anyone actually be an individual though?
most of the things we do are influenced in some way or another by someone else.
Reply 45
emom100
can anyone actually be an individual though?
most of the things we do are influenced in some way or another by someone else.

Everyone is an indervidual, just some of us are the same inderviduals as others.
(I havent posted 4 ages!)

I will run u thru the 'groupings' we have here in Salisbury

Pikeys - Real horrible people, the kind that nick everything and hang around at fairs.
Cackers - extreme Townies, vocab includes 'Got 50p mush?', 'Got a rizla/fag mush?', 'Give us 50p, else i will give u a punch', 'God s'cuse u', 'c**t' and anything the has the words 'mush'. 'mom' or 'chored' in it
townies - kinda harmless really, tuck their tracky bottoms into there sock and seem to have blimb burns all over them
trendies - middle of the road guys, get along with every1 but espically the sk8ers
Sk8aes - yep, we all know these people....sk8 board etc.
Moshers - baggy trousers, hoodies
Goths - Black hair, black clothes, black everything....and white skin

And then theres me. I get along with all of these catergorys (perhapsnot pikeys) and i have friends from different crowds - so i am probs a trendy or something.
what do the words 'mush' 'mom' and 'chored' mean? excuse my ignorance
Reply 48
viciouscircle
what do the words 'mush' 'mom' and 'chored' mean? excuse my ignorance

i was thinking the exact same thing
Reply 49
Ryoku
What of the above would you classify yourself as?

definitions of each please......
elpaw
i was thinking the exact same thing

chored is like stealing, to chore something is to steal something (dunno if i spelt it correctly)
mom is mum, but they say it weirdly
mush is like a name, i guess kinda like mate
Reply 51
curryADD
definitions of each please......

The thread starter didn't put enough choices up actually, but in general....

grebs - people who wear black, they may claim to be 'punks' but have not heard of the sex pistols. people who like skateboards are often unfairly classified here.

townies - white trainers, tracksuit trousers (pants), and a plentiful supply of bling bling

trendies - i've you've seen the breakfast club, just think of Claire
Reply 52
FudgeMonkey
chored is like stealing, to chore something is to steal something (dunno if i spelt it correctly)
mom is mum, but they say it weirdly
mush is like a name, i guess kinda like mate

so is danmushman a cacker?
elpaw
so is danmushman a cacker?

He cld be! lol
Reply 54
jammyd
The thread starter didn't put enough choices up actually, but in general....

grebs - people who wear black, they may claim to be 'punks' but have not heard of the sex pistols. people who like skateboards are often unfairly classified here.

townies - white trainers, tracksuit trousers (pants), and a plentiful supply of bling bling

trendies - i've you've seen the breakfast club, just think of Claire

ahhh, im a trendie then!
Reply 55
curryADD
ahhh, im a trendie then!

You'll end up with townie sometime soon then!
Reply 56
jammyd

do they have scallies in america?
Reply 57
jammyd

why?????
trendies are well known to be townie-haters (where i'm from anyway)
Reply 58
elpaw
do they have scallies in america?

what?

no the main subgroups in america are

the preps-trendie
the goths-real hardcore punks
the prunks-preps gone punk because its cool
the wannabes (think townie)- wannabe african american's
the jocks-sport player of any kind
the procks-the trendie jocks.....
the nerds-the smart ones
the geeks-the uncool ones

im a prock!
Reply 59
Tinykates
why?????
trendies are well known to be townie-haters (where i'm from anyway)

I was referring to a bizarre scene in the excellent high school drama, 'The Breakfast Club', where a trendie gets it on with a townie.

Latest

Trending

Trending