The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Medify is amazing and I really recommend it!! I also used the 600 questions book, which I thought was helpful. A friend of mine had the Kaplan book and she did pretty well so that's also a good option.
Medify is really, really good, I recommend it. And the 600Q book is also good. A friend of mine had the Kaplan book and it was also pretty good. UKCAT prep is all about practice, to be honest, so you're sort of familiar with the format. I found that the best thing about the 600Q book were all the tips at the beginning so you can really maximise your score. Good luck!
Hey people Im currently revising for my UKCAT if anyone wants to have a whattsapp group for the UKCAT we can create one ? Just reply to this post if you want me to add you ?
Is Medify worth to subscribe for Ive not booked my test yet but will it give me a better chance of passing etc ??
Would we just be helping each other out yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate1902
Medify is amazing and I really recommend it!! I also used the 600 questions book, which I thought was helpful. A friend of mine had the Kaplan book and she did pretty well so that's also a good option.

Is Medify worth subscribing to I've looked at the membership but haven't booked my test yet??
Firstly, you cannot 'pass' or 'fail'. Your score is a number between 300 and 900.
Secondly, yes. I truly believe that Medify was a huge factor in determining the score I got last year, which I was very proud of.
I found it much more useful than the '600 questions' book, and I would recommend Medify to anyone looking to take the UKCAT.
Hi I'm willing to join because I'm taking it this august and I will start preparing after my AS exams so PM me for my number.
Original post by katherine_best
Would we just be helping each other out yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi yes just to help each other out as I'm kinda struggling :smile: Im starting to so no one has just as of yet
got 875 average in the ukcat last summer, i'd advise going on the kaplan 2 day courses (even though many people say its a waste of money, i thought they were VERY helpful imo) and start revising atleast 2 months before your due to sit it. i did mine towards the end of september and started revising at the start of july once i'd done my work experience. Still got 4 rejections for med lol
Original post by mollybryant82
got 875 average in the ukcat last summer, i'd advise going on the kaplan 2 day courses (even though many people say its a waste of money, i thought they were VERY helpful imo) and start revising atleast 2 months before your due to sit it. i did mine towards the end of september and started revising at the start of july once i'd done my work experience. Still got 4 rejections for med lol

My god you got an amazing average and still got 4 rejections? I'm guessing its your AS grades?
Original post by choirgirl99
Firstly, you cannot 'pass' or 'fail'. Your score is a number between 300 and 900.
Secondly, yes. I truly believe that Medify was a huge factor in determining the score I got last year, which I was very proud of.
I found it much more useful than the '600 questions' book, and I would recommend Medify to anyone looking to take the UKCAT.

sounds good enough I'm going to register :smile:
nope 4A's, full ums in maths and chemistry, not sure what more i could have done, got low marks on interview scores, got 4 interviews so im putting it down to interview technique! taking a gap year and re applying with my a2 grades
I really loved Medify! I would highly recommend it :smile:
nope 4A's, full ums in maths and chemistry, not sure what more i could have done, got low marks on interview scores, got 4 interviews so im putting it down to interview technique! taking a gap year and re applying with my a2 grades

You're a legend - all these grades and then interview went bad - I hope you get in :biggrin: Good luck
Original post by theboss1998
You're a legend - all these grades and then interview went bad - I hope you get in :biggrin: Good luck

ah thanks! competition was highest its ever been this year, but thats life. yeah i hope so too!
Hey guys, it's not a good idea to share your mobile numbers on a public forum. Perhaps stick to PMs?

theres the interview course you can go on, have u looked into that Im going to do that, type in Medical School Interview Course and theres a few in every most cities
It's not really a great idea to be putting your numbers on a public forum like this. Perhaps a Skype/Facebook group would be better?
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Is Medify worth subscribing to I've looked at the membership but haven't booked my test yet??

It is, but not until much closer to your test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending