Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother.

How could this be?

ReputationRep:
    The beggar was a woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The beggar was a woman

A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The beggar was a woman
    Very quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?
    Because he was walking?

ReputationRep:
    At the first stop sighn there was no traffic and at the no left turn sign was on the otherside of the road?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Because he was walking?
    I think yours is a better reply than mine

ReputationRep:
    He wasnt driving anything?

ReputationRep:
    Another!

ReputationRep:
    Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

ReputationRep:
    gry is a word itself, isn't it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hertzgal16)
    [FONT=century gothic]Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.[COLOR=plum]
    I don't get dictionary.com's answer to that :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hertzgal16)
    [FONT=century gothic]Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.[COLOR=plum]

Language!

("There are only three words in 'the English language'.")

ReputationRep:
    yep i'm sure it's language.

ReputationRep:
    To completely stuff that riddle of the 'gry', I point you to the word meagry. Otherwise, the answer to that one is indeed language. Later people. Bags are packed and life has just given me the call. Collect charges no less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    To completely stuff that riddle of the 'gry', I point you to the word meagry. Otherwise, the answer to that one is indeed language. Later people. Bags are packed and life has just given me the call. Collect charges no less.
    Farewell

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.