The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Uni mature students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Magini
Thanks Angelchild09! I am not sure what halls as yet as my offer was only very recently updated! What will you be studying? I think going to freshers is a good idea. For for social aspects. I think the Mature Students Association will be holding an event or have some info there. I will update you on halls when I know. Congratulations everyone! :smile:

A bit random, but is your name Clare by any chance? I think I'm friends with you on Facebook lol! :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi is there any1 joining University of Glasgow for the course Msc. Banking and Financial student for the upcoming 2011 september session
Reply 22
Original post by duckie07
A bit random, but is your name Clare by any chance? I think I'm friends with you on Facebook lol! :biggrin:

Hey there Duckie, haha it is Clare indeedy!

I am sorry but is your name Amanda? Sorry if I have got you confused with someone else!
Reply 23
Original post by Magini

I am sorry but is your name Amanda? Sorry if I have got you confused with someone else!

What a coincidence! My name's Nina - sorry should have mentioned! :tongue:
Reply 24
What a coincidence! My name's Nina - sorry should have mentioned! :tongue:

Sorry Nina! I should have realised!!! Are you looking forward to going to Glasgow?
Reply 25
Original post by Magini
Sorry Nina! I should have realised!!! Are you looking forward to going to Glasgow?

Mostly yes, I'm really excited about moving to a new city, meeting lots of people and starting university, but it's all a bit scary as well! What about you? Have you been to Glasgow before?
Reply 26
Mostly yes, I'm really excited about moving to a new city, meeting lots of people and starting university, but it's all a bit scary as well! What about you? Have you been to Glasgow before?

Like you, I am for the majority looking forward to it. My dad is from Glasgow and I have family near Edinburgh. Glasgow is a great city. I am sure we will love it! My dad is always going on about Glasgow being the most friendly city in the world. I will hold him to that! When are you moving up and are you renting or living in halls?
Reply 27
Original post by Magini
Like you, I am for the majority looking forward to it. My dad is from Glasgow and I have family near Edinburgh. Glasgow is a great city. I am sure we will love it! My dad is always going on about Glasgow being the most friendly city in the world. I will hold him to that! When are you moving up and are you renting or living in halls?

I'm flying there on the 2nd as I still need to find somewhere to live before uni starts. I'm hoping to find a nice flatshare somewhere in the West End (fingers crossed!). Yeah I've heard the people there are really friendly.. I guess we're about to find out whether that's true or not! :wink:
Reply 28
Well, I'm currently dithering over doing and HND at college oor going to Glasgow Uni (but I need to find out if the anatomy course is 3 days a week or not).

I'm also 30, married with 3 children. Am I mature enough?
Original post by Magini

^^^Lol! Small world! :smile:

Original post by FluffyTutu
Well, I'm currently dithering over doing and HND at college oor going to Glasgow Uni (but I need to find out if the anatomy course is 3 days a week or not).

I'm also 30, married with 3 children. Am I mature enough?

Well, I'm 25, so you make me feel young (just kidding!)....so welcome aboard ;D! Would you be studying full time or part time?
Hello fellow mature students. I'm 26 and am coming to Glasgow to study Sociology and History. I won't know anyone at all in the city and I'm kind of nervous about moving into halls. I'm moving through on the 11th Sept.
Reply 31
Original post by TwoHeadedBoy
Hello fellow mature students. I'm 26 and am coming to Glasgow to study Sociology and History. I won't know anyone at all in the city and I'm kind of nervous about moving into halls. I'm moving through on the 11th Sept.

Hello there TwoHeadedBoy! Well it's nice to see so many mature students on here :smile: Where are you moving to Glasgow from?
Reply 32

Hey what halls are you staying in?
Hello there TwoHeadedBoy! Well it's nice to see so many mature students on here :smile: Where are you moving to Glasgow from?

Hello there duckie :smile: I agree it is nice there are all us mature students on here, I feel a bit better about this knowing I'm not alone. I'm moving from Dundee.

Original post by Magini
Hey what halls are you staying in?

Queen Margaret Residences :smile: You?
Reply 34
Hello there duckie :smile: I agree it is nice there are all us mature students on here, I feel a bit better about this knowing I'm not alone. I'm moving from Dundee.

Queen Margaret Residences :smile: You?

Nice one! Victoria Hall for me. I wanted to be in the west end but I am happy just to have a room. Also it will be a handy for finding work etc. When you moving up and what are you studying?
Reply 35
Hi! I'm a mature student too (25 years old) and I am studying (MSc) Computing Science this year. I am going to stay at the maclay residences (university accommodation).

duckie07 have you enrolled via MyCampus yet? Which optional courses do you plan to take?

I'm quite confused with MyCampus and I find it a little strange to have to decide which courses to select without talking to someone from the university first :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Magini
Nice one! Victoria Hall for me. I wanted to be in the west end but I am happy just to have a room. Also it will be a handy for finding work etc. When you moving up and what are you studying?

Victoria Hall is in the city centre isn't it. That will have a lot of advantages and is still pretty close to the uni :smile: I move up on 11th sept and I'm studying sociology & anthropology. What about you, are you moving to Glasgow or already live there?

Original post by diavol
Hi! I'm a mature student too (25 years old) and I am studying (MSc) Computing Science this year. I am going to stay at the maclay residences (university accommodation).

duckie07 have you enrolled via MyCampus yet? Which optional courses do you plan to take?

I'm quite confused with MyCampus and I find it a little strange to have to decide which courses to select without talking to someone from the university first :s-smilie:

The MyCampus thing is a nightmare. You should use the option to notify your advisor and ask for a meeting before the course starts. I did this and I'm meeting my advisor before I make any decisions in which classes to do, I feel much happier about it now. You still have to pick some classes in the meantime to get enrolled but they can be changed after you meet the advisor, so you don't have to worry too much about it.
Reply 37
Original post by diavol

Yes, I have. I chose Maths 1R & 1S and Polish 1. Not looking forward to maths, but didn't really fancy any of the other science subjects, so.. :biggrin: Have you any idea what optional courses you'd like to study?
Reply 38
Not sure about the courses you are talking about. I'm studying MSc Computer Science (PG course) :confused:

MyCampus is definitely a nightmare. How can I get in touch with my advisor and arrange an appointment?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by diavol
Not sure about the courses you are talking about. I'm studying MSc Computer Science (PG course) :confused:

MyCampus is definitely a nightmare. How can I get in touch with my advisor and arrange an appointment?

I see, I'm doing an UG course :smile: If you go to Enrollment > My Academics and then click on 'View my advisors' you should see the contact details of your advisor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending