Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    Don't you think its a bit rude and immature to be talking about ladies bits smelling of fish. How many girls really smell of fish? Do you think we want to see you're 'laddish' legs spread out in front of us any more than you do ours?

And 'womens bits' often can 'smell of fish' due to biological bacterial reasons. Like I said, I don't want to get lewd, but I feel that it is necessary to clear this matter, because I happen to agree with this and assume that many males would probably feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insania)
    No i'm sorry but I happen to agree with the thread starter (yes I am male). I don't like it when women sit with their legs open either to be honest. Usually I am sympathetic towards feminist sentiments, but in this case it is a simple and indisputable matter of biology. Women shouldn't sit with their legs open for obvious reasons. It is just unpleasant. I don't want to get lewd, but I just think women should pay attention to how they sit because it could be deemed offensive. Pure and simple, that is just my opinion although I respect yours.
    I think you missed my point, i agree that everyone male of female should close their legs when they sit down. But i thought the onesidedness was unfair - it was as though the person was suggesting it was ok for lads to sit with their knackers spread for all and sundry to see because it was a 'laddish' thing. I think it is ridiculous to suggest that most women smell of fish - it's not a particuarly feminist sentiment, just an adult one.

ReputationRep:
    I think you missed my point, i agree that everyone male of female should close their legs when they sit down. But i thought the onesidedness was unfair - it was as though the person was suggesting it was ok for lads to sit with their knackers spread for all and sundry to see because it was a 'laddish' thing. I think it is ridiculous to suggest that most women smell of fish - it's not a particuarly feminist sentiment, just an adult one.
    In my whole life i have only ever smelt one girl smell 'fishy' unless blokes are extra sensitive to these things???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insania)
    No i'm sorry but I happen to agree with the thread starter (yes I am male). I don't like it when women sit with their legs open either to be honest. Usually I am sympathetic towards feminist sentiments, but in this case it is a simple and indisputable matter of biology. Women shouldn't sit with their legs open for obvious reasons. It is just unpleasant. I don't want to get lewd, but I just think women should pay attention to how they sit because it could be deemed offensive. Pure and simple, that is just my opinion although I respect yours.
    That view held about umm a century ago lol.
    Eleenia is right, we don't want to see your legs spread out everywhere, just as much as you don't want to see ours. We should be able to sit however is comfy and not conform to what males want. I find it terribly uncomfy to sit with my knees squished together, my muscles are not relaxed. And apparently crossing your legs is not so good for you because you squish the capillaries in your legs which I doubt is healthy.

I understand your sentiment if the woman is wearing a mini skirt of course, don't wanna see underwear, but with trousers it's perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Eleenia is right, we don't want to see your legs spread out everywhere, just as much as you don't want to see ours. We should be able to sit however is comfy and not conform to what males want. I find it terribly uncomfy to sit with my knees squished together, my muscles are not relaxed. And apparently crossing your legs is not so good for you because you squish the capillaries in your legs which I doubt is healthy.

I understand your sentiment if the woman is wearing a mini skirt of course, don't wanna see underwear, but with trousers it's perfectly fine.
    thanks, finally someone with a bit of savvy on this subject! x

ReputationRep:
    We need to get men wearing skirts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xm3wd6)
    What are your honest 'pet hates'?
    girls like waiting2smile who dont no a good thing when they see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander04)
    girls like waiting2smile who dont no a good thing when they see it
    did we miss something? I detect a tale of unreqited love behind this one...care to share?

ReputationRep:
    did we miss something? I detect a tale of unreqited love behind this one...care to share?
    i dont get it wtf is she doing messing around with that forum geek kurdt somebody?

ReputationRep:
    erm, hun, i think it is kinda ok for guys to sit with their legs open, remember that they have things which would get crushed if they closed them too hard! Girls on the other hand, well it's not neccessary for us to squeeze our legs uncomfortabley tight, however it is so much more polite to at least attempt to keep our legs together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    erm, hun, i think it is kinda ok for guys to sit with their legs open, remember that they have things which would get crushed if they closed them too hard! Girls on the other hand, well it's not neccessary for us to squeeze our legs uncomfortabley tight, however it is so much more polite to at least attempt to keep our legs together!
    we're not living life where theres still inequality in male-female relationships. if that's the way she wants to act it's her choice

ReputationRep:
    we're not living life where theres still inequality in male-female relationships. if that's the way she wants to act it's her choice
    wat?! i wasn't talking about 'inequalities', i was talking about biological differences in the male and female bodies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    wat?! i wasn't talking about 'inequalities', i was talking about biological differences in the male and female bodies!
    i'm male i havnt got anything against the female who acts that way might be her way of expressing herself

ReputationRep:
    i'm male i havnt got anything against the female who acts that way might be her way of expressing herself
    fair enough, all i'm saying is there's no reason for a girl to sit sprawled out (unless it's self expression like u say?!) but there ARE reasons why guys do, think about it!

ReputationRep:
    my pet hate is people who cant stick to plans...and are all up for doing something untill bout 5 mins before then they change their mind...

oh and guys who come flirt with you, then pull the girl standing next to you then wonder why your not happy when they come back to u.....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    my pet hate is people who cant stick to plans...and are all up for doing something untill bout 5 mins before then they change their mind...

oh and guys who come flirt with you, then pull the girl standing next to you then wonder why your not happy when they come back to u.....

love Katy ***
    are you talking about ollie? do you go out with ollie...or am i totally confused! :confused: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xm3wd6)
    Mine is (if I am being totally honest) when women don't close their legs when they sit down and stuff. I hate it when women sit with their legs splayed open and try to be a 'laddette'. This really is one of my pet hates. Its like 'I can smell the fish, close yer legs luv'! Thats what I want to say but don't of course. I don't know why theres just something about it.

What are your honest 'pet hates'?
    Either anyone without a clear mind of their own (i.e. just follows whats hip), or those who think money is the be all and end all and makes someone better than others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i think this is going to far... its not like i'm tryna be strict on this: "Gents, you may sit with you're legs precisely 5.8 cm's apart, no more no less - we wouldn't want the family jewels being crushed now would we? "ladies, you may have 2cm lee-way but careful you don't damage capiliaries". Personally, i'd prefer not to be on the train facing anyone sitting with legs akimbo but hey that's just me. It doesn't keep me awake at night and i think i'll troop on.

ReputationRep:
    i think this is going to far... its not like i'm tryna be strict on this: "Gents, you may sit with you're legs precisely 5.8 cm's apart, no more no less - we wouldn't want the family jewels being crushed now would we? "ladies, you may have 2cm lee-way but careful you don't damage capiliaries". Personally, i'd prefer not to be on the train facing anyone sitting with legs akimbo but hey that's just me. It doesn't keep me awake at night and i think i'll troop on.
    lolol!

ReputationRep:

No you are being stupid he is right stop being idiotic! Females shouldnt sit with their legs open for obvious reasons. Alright to put it bluntlyy women have a hole and when their legs are open IT is openm, for men it makes no differnce either way because it is the same with the legs open or closed. I cant believe I have to explain this and cant believe people dont see the logic in women closing their legs in public and around people. It is unhygenic and the smell is not nice (especially if they have recently had sexual intercousre). God help me it is just plain sense.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.