Turn on thread page Beta

If a guy sent you... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i would love 12 red roses. Blokes don't give girls flowers often enough. Take the case of my friend and her boyfriend. he's taking her out to some posh restaurant, buying her expensive underwear etc but all she really wants is a couple of roses.

ReputationRep:
    If it's my boyfriend i'd be overjoyed. If it's a guy that likes me but I don't like him, i'll freak out (it's happened to me b4 too...).

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like it if my boyfriend sent me roses! If it were a stranger, though I think I'd be a little freaked by 12 red roses... and embarrassed. 12 is a bit over the top if you don't really know someone I think.

ReputationRep:
    I would guess that this guy worked at a flower-store.
    or I would tell him(her?!):
    Next time, please send me some fresh flowers, not these withered plants.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    a single rose nicely wrapped is almost more romantic than a dozen.

ReputationRep:
    awh i wud think it was sooo cute. unless i was already going out wiv him for a while, in which case i'd think he was a cheap arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    12 roses for valentines day, what would you think?
    I would freak out, then wonder why anyone would want to send me or all people roses, then wonder if they were making fun of me, then spend the rest of the day dying of curiousity, and calming my sister down, who would be annoyed that she hadn't been sent roses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    actually i think this one depends on who's sending.

If its a stranger it would be quite flattering.
    But boyfriends should make more effort than the old chiche i think.
    Yep, I agree.

Well, from a total stranger 12 roses would be scary. Any roses would be scary. But if it was from someone I knew, but didn't know that they liked me, I'd be very flattered. Of course, this would depend on who was sending them! And on what they put on the card.

*drifts off into pathetic romantic dreams...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I would stick those roses where the sun don't shine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    I would stick those roses where the sun don't shine
    How nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    How nice!
    Well that's if a guy gave them to me - hmm, thinking about it, a bloke of that inclination might welcome it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    If i liked him...id be so flattered, but if i didnt id still be kinda flattered...id hate to be in the awkward situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viciouscircle)
    awh i wud think it was sooo cute. unless i was already going out wiv him for a while, in which case i'd think he was a cheap arse
    cheap arse??! how materialistic is that?! anyway 12 roses cost more than you'd think in this capitalist money driven society of hatred that we live in.

ReputationRep:
    if a guy sent me roses at first it would be sweet but then after a while it would be like im only 17 years old what doe she want to get married or something.....

think about it carefully that nice guy routine works for like 5 minutes....serious and then girls just get bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    if a guy sent me roses at first it would be sweet but then after a while it would be like im only 17 years old what doe she want to get married or something.....

think about it carefully that nice guy routine works for like 5 minutes....serious and then girls just get bored
    whats the alternative to the nice guy routine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    whats the alternative to the nice guy routine?
    being unpredictable not knowing for definate if things are stable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    being unpredictable not knowing for definate if things are stable
    and all girls like that?? my gf seems ok with the nice guy routine, with a bit of spontaneous gift buying thrown in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    thats what my boyfriend is doing and chocolates....

ReputationRep:
    and all girls like that?? my gf seems ok with the nice guy routine, with a bit of spontaneous gift buying thrown in.
    and how old are you

ReputationRep:
    I'm not like that! I'd be perfectly OK with the nice guy routine, as long as it wasn't boring!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.