The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Cate
I'm not like that! I'd be perfectly OK with the nice guy routine, as long as it wasn't boring!

yeah definatley but lets be truthful knowing someones there all the time and always being there is boring you need unpredictability not a pet dog!1
Reply 41
Nafisa
and how old are you

16 ma'am. and i can predict your next response and my reply would be, we're not hugely serious, our main concern is just enjoying ourselves, and spontaneous gift buying aids that along now and again. its not like im buying her cars and stuff.
Reply 42
'
{ingnik']cheap arse??! how materialistic is that?! anyway 12 roses cost more than you'd think in this capitalist money driven society of hatred that we live in.

£60 from interflora to be precise... cheap arse, my arse.
Reply 43
'
{ingnik']16 ma'am. and i can predict your next response and my reply would be, we're not hugely serious, our main concern is just enjoying ourselves, and spontaneous gift buying aids that along now and again. its not like im buying her cars and stuff.

ok ok but be careful not to be too monotonous itll get her bored
Reply 44
Nafisa
being unpredictable not knowing for definate if things are stable

Sounds like a quick route to insanity for me! I have a bad enough time at the moment with my constant "Does he like me/does he hate me?" ponderings. To have that continue in a relationship would be nightmarish. There's nothing wrong with them being a nice guy, as long as it doesn't turn into him being a doormat.
Reply 45
ugh! hate the nice sensitive guys.... give me an arrogant, "i think i'm the best", "aren't i gorgeous" playa anyday :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Nafisa
ok ok but be careful not to be too monotonous itll get her bored

k, thnks for the advice :smile:

prbly should have said, but we have been far from stable in the past. so do you think you'll ever get married? i mean would you have problems being in a long steady relationship? i can feel riki lake coming on here...
Reply 47
'
{ingnik']and all girls like that?? my gf seems ok with the nice guy routine, with a bit of spontaneous gift buying thrown in.

that would be enough for me... but you have to go out with a few bad apples to know that those are the best qualities in a guy. Keep up the good work! x x
Reply 48
eleenia
I work for a magazine and we've just done a survey on this. To be honest most girls said they'd hate flowers, chocs or fluffy teddies as they show a lack of thought. Most girls would like something simple but romantic like a cooked meal, to be taken out for a meal/night out.

Ok this is confusing! If, hypothetically :wink: , I had a new girlfriend with whom I'd been "going out" for a couple of weeks, although due to stupidly busy schedules on both parts had only seen a couple of time soutside of the times our paths normally cross anyway (we've been friends for ages), would it be a good idea to send some flowers for valentines? Particularly seeing as I am away for the weekend on previously arranged stuff?

Would it still be a good idea even if we'd agreed to keep things fairly low key and unserious, and thats she (and me) are quite shy/prone to embarrassment about such things?

Any thoughts for my "hypthetical" situation - I really am confused?

wicksta
Reply 49
'
{ingnik']k, thnks for the advice :smile:

prbly should have said, but we have been far from stable in the past. so do you think you'll ever get married? i mean would you have problems being in a long steady relationship? i can feel riki lake coming on here...

i dont know if marriage is the way to go but maybe when im older and insecure its where ill be heading!!!
Kurdt Morello
i like it when u laugh

back off
Reply 51
oh wow, magazine person! ok, maybe you can advise me on a valentines gift. my gf hinted very heavily that she has fallen in love with some valentines teddy bear she has seen. should i be conformist and get it for her or do summat else?
Reply 52
'
{ingnik']oh wow, magazine person! ok, maybe you can advise me on a valentines gift. my gf hinted very heavily that she has fallen in love with some valentines teddy bear she has seen. should i be conformist and get it for her or do summat else?

get it for her but dont give it to her in public.........itll make you look like a soppy idiot and that macho idea she has in her head of you is gone!!!
Reply 53
'
{ingnik']oh wow, magazine person! ok, maybe you can advise me on a valentines gift. my gf hinted very heavily that she has fallen in love with some valentines teddy bear she has seen. should i be conformist and get it for her or do summat else?

get her it and sumthing of ur choosing
Reply 54
wicksta
Ok this is confusing! If, hypothetically :wink: , I had a new girlfriend with whom I'd been "going out" for a couple of weeks, although due to stupidly busy schedules on both parts had only seen a couple of time soutside of the times our paths normally cross anyway (we've been friends for ages), would it be a good idea to send some flowers for valentines? Particularly seeing as I am away for the weekend on previously arranged stuff?

Would it still be a good idea even if we'd agreed to keep things fairly low key and unserious, and thats she (and me) are quite shy/prone to embarrassment about such things?

Any thoughts for my "hypthetical" situation - I really am confused?

wicksta

hmmm could be a potential minefield this one.
I'm gonna imagine i was the girl. I've said that i hate all that mushy stuff and don't want you to get me anything. I'm not lying but i'd be slightly disappointed non the less if you didn't do anything for me. So maybe you could send me a nice text on v day to let me know you were thinking of me and that i'm still special.
Flowers is so tricky because a big bouquet is OTT and a single rose suggests undying love for some reason. You've already said she's not sentimental so i'd stay clear of it... what do u think?
Reply 55
Nafisa
get it for her but dont give it to her in public.........itll make you look like a soppy idiot and that macho idea she has in her head of you is gone!!!

lol, ok, thank you for the advice!

cobra01977

like whit? thank you too.
Reply 56
cobra01977

I totally agree with this. If a girl hints at something its always best to get her it if you're able to. Sometimes people forget they've hinted at and then they think you're totally amazing for getting them what they wanted. So its a plus, plus.
Reply 57
eleenia
i totally agree with this. If a girl hints at something its always best to get her it if you're able to. Sometimes people forget they've hinted and think you're totally amazing for getting them what they wanted so its a plus plus.

i never forget. like a few months ago she said how much she liked titanic and i got it for her on dvd. does the being special cos you've remembered thing become less special if you always remember? if you see what i mean...

and a little off subject, how do you comfort a crying girl? :confused:
Reply 58
eleenia
i totally agree with this. If a girl hints at something its always best to get her it if you're able to. Sometimes people forget they've hinted and think you're totally amazing for getting them what they wanted so its a plus plus.

My friend (girl) keeps telling to me to tell another mate (guy, her boyfriend) what to get her for valntines day, she wants one of those daft teddy things, he'll get it but hes gonna get her sumthing she doesnt like as well, which she hasnt asked for, shes knows he is and is dreading it, so buy her what she askes for
Reply 59
Nafisa

Although everyone's advice is cool, i think we're all forgetting that girls aren't all prototypes and that they're all different, some like 'macho' some like 'soppy' so guys should try to gauge what girl they've got before acting on advice here x

Latest

Trending

Trending