Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    12 roses for valentines day, what would you think?

As may mates says "I'd love you for forever". It's not orginal yes, but you can't go wrong with it. But you might want a variation on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    As may mates says "I'd love you for forever". It's not orginal yes, but you can't go wrong with it. But you might want a variation on it.
    do it wit a huge box of chocies or somethin really close to your both. giv her the roses and then 10mins later wen she thinks thats all shes got, bring out a really thoughtful gift. shel love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    do it wit a huge box of chocies or somethin really close to your both. giv her the roses and then 10mins later wen she thinks thats all shes got, bring out a really thoughtful gift. shel love it!

Godiva have these fabulous massive chocolate boxes (heart shaped) for valentine's day. They sell them in the Chocolate Room in the Harrod's food hall - the biggest is £85.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    Yeppers.... thats what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    cheap arse??! how materialistic is that?! anyway 12 roses cost more than you'd think in this capitalist money driven society of hatred that we live in.
    oh piss off to outer mongolia n stop ur whingin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    My dad buying a house is an investment. The same as your parents putting money in the bank. My gf's grandad owns a house in Barbados so it will cost like £300 each to go there. That isnt that much.
    It may be as an investment, but to a lot of people, myself included, just having the sort of money to be able to do that is an unnattainable thought. I'm sure you don't do it intentionally, but thanks to my background (being on an assisted place at a private school where people used to tell me I shouldn't be there if I couldn't afford it) it's a somewhat touchy subject.

The only people I class upper class are those who have been for generations. They dont even have to be rich.
    I know, that's what I think of it as too, but there are those who don't. As for me being richer than Jade Goody, I wish, but it most likely won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    i would think he is either joking, or otherwise i would be very happy about it.

I would presume he is gay, and explain to him that I am not.

ReputationRep:
    i would be pissed off that he didnt make the effort to find my favourite flower - one of them means far more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    i think that would be soooooo sweet!! :flowers:

but then i would feel really guility coz i wouldnt have bought anything for him :s:

ReputationRep:
    I would think it was a sweet gesture, but a bit of a cliche. A lot of girls would love it though - a friend of mine got 12 red roses from her boyfriend when they'd been together for about a week. They're now married and about to have a baby*.

* This does not guarantee that any girl you send flowers to will marry you and be happy for you to impregnate her.

ReputationRep:
    awwww bless :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    I would think it was a sweet gesture, but a bit of a cliche. A lot of girls would love it though - a friend of mine got 12 red roses from her boyfriend when they'd been together for about a week. They're now married and about to have a baby*.

* This does not guarantee that any girl you send flowers to will marry you and be happy for you to impregnate her.
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be turned on.

(Original post by need_money)
    I'd be turned on.
    I'd better save some money then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Garage)
    I'd better save some money then.
    Hehe. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitch11)
    what if he's hideous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Well, if it's Ms Julia Roberts who sends it, then i might end-up in my local infirmary, cos of getting faint, as having flowers from her, has a snowball's chance in hell, however, an EXTREME pleasure is quite guranteed, i must say.

Other than her, a Poncho-wearing blonde wavy ponytailed Senorita (as Spanish would say), sending me flowers, i would be in the state of ECSTASY. However, IF a woman in uniform, preferrably Police woman or nurse, doing the same, will UNDOUBTEDLY leave me quite IRRESISTIBLE.

It's all rather obvious, as I'm merely a HUMAN, a human with desire (of course, NOT necessarily in a sexual-sense).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    what if he's hideous?
    then nothankyou! but if he's niceee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitch11)
    You do relise that this thread is over a year old and didn't need to be brought back.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.