The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Fashion/Clothes shops in Lancaster??

A quick question to current lancaster students/locals, which fashion/clothes shops are located in Lancaster? For example, is there a Topshop, H&M, Republic, Debenhams, Boots etc nearby? :smile: :smile:

Where do most students shop in Lancs also?
Didn't get a chance to look around town on interview day!! :/
Thanks guys! :P x
Reply 1
You can go to town in your free time on interview day - either before/after if you like :smile:

Theres a new look, topshop, river island, next, boots, superdrug, tk max, claires, monsoon, accessorize, BHS (which contains dorothy perkins) and thats about it for chain clothes shops....
Youd be better off going to manchester picadilly for the day once a term or so (£9 return with a railcard). It makes a good day out :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah, thanks for the reply ponpon!
Was starting to worry a little as I love shopping and hadn't seen any shops as I went for my open day!

Do students walk to town then? Is that possible?
Or is the only way there by bus? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ponpon14
You can go to town in your free time on interview day - either before/after if you like :smile:

Theres a new look, topshop, river island, next, boots, superdrug, tk max, claires, monsoon, accessorize, BHS (which contains dorothy perkins) and thats about it for chain clothes shops....
Youd be better off going to manchester picadilly for the day once a term or so (£9 return with a railcard). It makes a good day out :smile:

Re: Fashion/Clothes shops in Lancaster??
Ah, thanks for the reply ponpon!
Was starting to worry a little as I love shopping and hadn't seen any shops as I went for my open day!

Do students walk to town then? Is that possible?
Or is the only way there by bus? :smile:
Reply 4
You can walk, it'll take you between 40-60mins though depending on your speed.

There are a few independent shops as well which are much cheaper than the chains. Lots of people go to Manchester or Preston if they want to go to a specific shop that we don't have or for Christmas shopping etc, it's fairly cheap on the train.
Preston's okay, for being 15 or so minutes on the train, or you could get the 40/41 from the end of the campus drive... But yes, I don't think you'd want to walk from campus to town and back with your shopping!
Reply 6
I walk to town and back with my OH quite a lot, and my room mate too.
Its a nice walk and as long as youre fit, it doesnt take too long!
Yeah, I used to walk there and back frequently too, but just for a wander or a meal, wouldn't like to do it with shopping!
Reply 8
Anyone know if there's any decent shops, like a John Lewis, Fenwicks or somewhere that sells proper clothes? I hate topman etc. except the jeans.
Reply 9
Original post by JMJ19
Anyone know if there's any decent shops, like a John Lewis, Fenwicks or somewhere that sells proper clothes? I hate topman etc. except the jeans.

You have expensive taste :P

Erm, there arent any big department stores like that unfortunately.
Reply 10
But like ponpon said earlier, Preston is 20 minutes up the road, Manchester 50-1hr.. So the options are there :smile:
Reply 11
Just shop online.
Reply 12
There is a shop called Dr. Kruger which for the lads sell Lyle and Scott, Diesel, Religion, Adidas Originals, lots of G-star jeans, luke and a few other brands. For the girls maxi dresses, uggs and i'm not sure what else. Theres another one called sneak (well it used to be when I looked last time) Sells fenchurch, gio goi and a few not so good brands :wink:
Reply 13
the better shops are Josephs next to dr kruger offering armani and ted baker, also banks lyon has a good collection of shoes if ur a girl and there is also lapelle opposite the market
No H&M or Zara :frown:
Reply 15
Renes Lapelle in Lancaster offers a fantastic range of ladies clothing and different brands at fantastic prices. For the students at Lancaster University who hold the Purple Card can also get a 10% discount too! Definitely worth a look on 23/25 Common Garden Street, LA1 1XD. Brands include Ted Baker, French Connection, Sandwich and a great label called A Postcard From Brighton...plenty more in store too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending