This discussion is closed.
Weasel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
HOW I COULD JUST KILL A MAN!

Could you kill?

I don't mean murder or that sort of thing, but could you actually kill another human being? Say if Britain (or the country you may live in) comes under attack and the army has been exhausted, and it is down to civilians to fight against the aggressor. Could you take the life of another human? Could you kill that mind and take away that life? Can you kill? How would you feel about your killing?
Ghost
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I could, without a doubt, if it comes down to either my life being taken, or their life being taken. The question doesent even need to be asked.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
Yeah I could, without a doubt, if it comes down to either my life being taken, or their life being taken. The question doesent even need to be asked.
i'd have to kill myself, because i know that i could never live with the guilt...
Alexander04
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Weasel)

Could you kill?

I don't mean murder or that sort of thing, but could you actually kill another human being? Say if Britain (or the country you may live in) comes under attack and the army has been exhausted, and it is down to civilians to fight against the aggressor. Could you take the life of another human? Could you kill that mind and take away that life? Can you kill? How would you feel about your killing?
nah i wouldnt be able to live knowing what i did
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Could you kill?

If it came to that, i would - I suspose it would depend on how much I hated the agressor
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Could you kill?

I Could you take the life of another human? Could you kill that mind and take away that life? Can you kill?
I don't think so, no.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Could you kill?

yes if i had to
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Could you kill?

I really don't think i could. If it was a them or me situation i'd probably have to but i don't know how i could live with that.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To my shocking discovery, I might actually enjoy the killing.

Ghost
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont understand most people's reasoning here.
If you had to kill someone who was trying to kill you, why would this make you feel guilty? What would you feel guilty about? Its not your fault they tried to take your life..
Me2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
If you had to kill someone who was trying to kill you, why would this make you feel guilty? What would you feel guilty about? Its not your fault they tried to take your life..
yes but i'd rather be dead, than have their life on my concious.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
I think the point is that reason has little to do with it. You can rationalise why you shouldn't feel guilty yet still feel that you wouldn't be able to live with the guilt if you actually did it
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When you say kill them, by what means are you talking about? Bare hands, gun, knife etc.?

Unless someone's actually been in the situation i think it's very difficult to say.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Could you kill?
I love the fact your question includes Cypress quote, but the answer is quite simply that I don't know. I expect I could, though I hope I never get in a position to have to make that decision.

Alaric.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
yes if i had to
all you have to do is throw a birck at them...
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think i could DIE for someone, as in, if a close friend was being threatened i think i could take a bullet for them, but i don't think i could kill.

No, having said that, i could kill, but only for one person...my little sister, i could kill anyone for her, with my bare hands ( i sound so agressive, but it's true)
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
all you have to do is throw a birck at them...
no, that wouldn't kill them. you'll need more than just one brick. How about... say a lorry of bricks?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can kill, and I can always spin it to make it seem OK.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by grace)
i think i could DIE for someone, as in, if a close friend was being threatened i think i could take a bullet for them, but i don't think i could kill.

No, having said that, i could kill, but only for one person...my little sister, i could kill anyone for her, with my bare hands ( i sound so agressive, but it's true)
Most people can kill, it's just that they are yet to realise their killing potential.
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Most people can kill, it's just that they are yet to realise their killing potential.
i think it depends on the situation really. I wouldn't say that i have any 'killing potential', i wouldn't kill for the sake of it, i would say it's more my protective nature that would enable me to do it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise