Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    well war psychologists reckon there is a driving force that allows normal people to kill in the heat of battle. ive forgotten what its called now :confused: you just have to look at the vietnam war for evidence that we humans can turn into brutal killing machines.
    Or Aushwitz. What turned family men into people who could line up and shoot women and children in cold blood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Or Aushwitz. What turned family men into people who could line up and shoot women and children in cold blood?
    I suppose it might be a hardwired human natural instinct. But we are conditioned to value life and override the instinct subconciously be society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UK-Learning.Net)
    I suppose it might be a hardwired human natural instinct. But we are conditioned to value life and override the instinct subconciously be society.
    A bit like dogs then. Take your domesticated Fido for a ride in the car. Dump him on the side of the road and let's see how long it takes for him to join a pack and become ferile.

ReputationRep:
    I think I could to protect myself. Normally I'm peacful but if someone starts on me I'll fight back like a devil.

I hope that i never get into that situation though.

As for joining the army etc. No, I couldn't do it unless it was really life or death.

ReputationRep:
    Look at history, at the interstate wars, the civil wars, the 'random' murders, armed robberies - the answer becomes all too clear. For pretty much all people, the answer is yes, if the condition is right.

Many of the people claiming they'd kill themselves first I think you'll find, if their little baby was getting attacked by som1, they'd most likely kill the person if they had to to free their child. It's mostly founded in biology - the desire to live outweighs all other desires, if it doesn't you die (earlier) or are already dead. If it does, you would kill if you had to.

ReputationRep:
    i would if my own or a family/friends life was threatened...hell even if a random innocent person was too. but not in cold blood and it down to my emotional anger.

ReputationRep:
    kill or be killed... i know which id choose

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.