The Student Room Group

Online Assessment Boots

Scroll to see replies

In the assessment you have to think super fluffy, caring, sweet and bubbly when it comes to customers BUT you have to find a happy medium between being super caring and devoted to customers and supporting your colleagues and supporting boots as a whole.

For example, if you were working on the tills you wouldn't leave your till to help a customer if it was busy... you would tell them everything they need to know and be super helpful to them verbally so they can find what they are looking for.

If a customer got upset about something emotionally whilst you were helping them, you would talk to them person to person, not change the subject or offer them free stuff. Think really sensitive and happy.

As for the personality test you have to be consistent. Don't try too hard or think too much about each statement or you'll mess up and get confused. Answer freely... just think modest, sweet, caring, nice, happy blah blah. Thats what they want. They also want a TEAM PLAYER.

Good luck to everyone!
p.s if anyone has had an interview this year/recently and knows what tasks they ask you to do on the shop floor I would very much appreciate the information as I have an interview this week and I want to job so so much! Although I am aware the tasks and questions probably differ between stores across the country depending on your interviewer etc.
Original post by cotarddelusion
For example, if you were working on the tills you wouldn't leave your till to help a customer if it was busy... you would tell them everything they need to know and be super helpful to them verbally so they can find what they are looking for.

I disagree - in my shop we were told to ring the bell, get someone else to cover the till and then take the customer to show them what they're looking for before returning to the tills...

But then that could be because it was a small shop...
Reply 43
Original post by watsgoingon
I applied to boots many times but every time being rejected...:frown:....how u people managed to pass the first stage, what did u say about it???I reali wanna work for boots.....

I applied a few days ago and have passed the first stage, now have to do the online assessment. I assumed everyone passes the initial stage, it doesn't ask any actual questions, just when you can work etc. Unless you've stated you can't work on most days I don't see why they'd reject you.
wat????I applied about a million times but they never said that to me....but they rejected me everytime :angry:

The same happened to me, I applied once got rejected applied to another store a few days (?) later and got rejected. I contacted recruitment and I got the same reply as MrsJaredLeto. BUT you should be able to apply again to other Boots vacancies after a few weeks.

And I agree the questionnaire/assessment is ridiculous!
That's why I will never, unless I'm desperate, waste my time on completing an application for a Boots vacancy!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrsJaredLeto
Just completed my online assessment as I have passed the first stage :smile:
Anyone else who can give me info on what happens next will be geatly received!

xx

hi mate,
I applied for boots last week and I completed 1st stage and their send me a questioner ire link which i was to complete. plz can u send me the questioner key to me if u have..
it consists if baby,NO7 and more...
PLZ mate reply me as soon as poosible..

Thanking you..
Sanz
Reply 46
Original post by HeatherHatter
Yup, and I worked there from October 2010 until Saturday last week...

Would you help me on passing the boots questionnaire it is a bit confusing.
Original post by ekram1
Would you help me on passing the boots questionnaire it is a bit confusing.

Which one? Apparently they have a new one which I've not seen yet
Reply 48
Original post by HeatherHatter
Which one? Apparently they have a new one which I've not seen yet

They have launched a new qestionnaire if you can provide details on passing .
Reply 49
Original post by ekram1

Just be honest and be yourself. If you don't get it, then Boots isn't for you. :smile:
Original post by ekram1

Original post by AP1989
Just be honest and be yourself. If you don't get it, then Boots isn't for you. :smile:

:ditto:

If they hire you and they don't like you, it's easy to get rid of you after your first 3 months, since you're on probation until then...

I haven't done the new questionnaire, they had a different way of applying when I applied - you just had to do 1 set of questions and an interview :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by livvy93
Hi,

I recently got a job as a customer assistant, I would say just write a lot about yourself in the 'is there anything you'd like to add section' and relate it to who they're looking for. Eg. Friendly, caring. Also apply as soon as you see the vacancy as they often get so many applicants they will reject straight away.

Would you kindly help me in completing the new boots questionnaire.
Reply 52
Original post by Lucy1902
I did the assessment online a couple of weeks ago, I found it very repetitive and some of the questions were dead boring.

To get to the assessment page you HAVE TO ADD YOUR CV stuff in the 'Is there anything else that can assist your application question'. I nearly missed this out first time I filled out the application page, then I incorrectly entered my email address and had to do the WHOLE thing again.

In this section write; your work experience -Very important, Previous employers etc, your skills and interests really only relevant though.

Basically all the answers they want to hear are on the job description page. If you read through it says you need to be 'optimistic' etc. I remembered this.

I week later I got offered to do an interview.

Then two days after this interview I got the job :smile:

Hope this helped. Keep trying though as this was 4th time lucky for me!

Ask me any questions :smile:

Would you kindly help me on the new questionnaire launched by boots.
Reply 53
I applied last night for christmas temp and recieved an email first thing this morning regarding it, i have been accepted and now need to do the online assesment as stated but was just wondering, you dont need your C.V whilst filling in the assesment do you? If someone could reply a.s.a.p to this would be muchly appreciated:smile: thanks.
Original post by xcareyellx
I applied last night for christmas temp and recieved an email first thing this morning regarding it, i have been accepted and now need to do the online assesment as stated but was just wondering, you dont need your C.V whilst filling in the assesment do you? If someone could reply a.s.a.p to this would be muchly appreciated:smile: thanks.

No you don't need anything for doing online assessment....just be honest with each and every question...goodluck
Reply 55
^
^
^
Thankyou:smile:!

Also, in regards to the online assesment does anyone know what's more important to them- personality test or situation test? + in the personality test which one is more important to business - good communicator and easy to get a long with etc or make decisions quickly and think of own ideas cause if I'm being honest I think mine were all in regards to communication and not decisions so prob won't get another chance because of that did anyone do mostly the same and get an interview?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Cybele
I got an interview, which pretty much means I'm getting the job. But I've also been offered an interview at Waterstones and John Lewis and now I'm unsure which one to go for! :dontknow:

Please could you help me with the boots questionnaire
Reply 57
Original post by ekram1
Please could you help me with the boots questionnaire

What do you want to know? Just answer honestly.
I applied to boots many times but every time being rejected...:frown:....how u people managed to pass the first stage, what did u say about it???I reali wanna work for boots.....

Same here! I'd really love to work for Boots as I've always loved their stores anyway and I'm crazy about cosmetics and haircare and stuff like that. But they keep rejecting me after every online application and assessment! And I always select my earliest available time as midnight and latest time as midnight the next day as I thought they would very much favour the most flexible people, but that doesn't seem to help either. I mean FFS, what the heck does it take? :angry:
Reply 59
Hi all. So I got an interview to complete the Boots online assessment from about 10 stores!!
I decided to play it clever and so I waited for the outcome before I completed the next test. So, everytime I got a rejection I changed my answers. Outcome: 100% FAIL. WTF BOOTS????
I was honest and showed a very polite and efficient manner as a salesperson. What are their criteria? And all times I asked for feedback I got the same stupid answer - I would prefer it if they didnt answer at all! So, if anyone passes the test just out of curiosity let me know coz i m driving myself crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest