Student Discounts in Manchester!

Watch
cantevendeal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I know lots of my friends are coming to Manchester and I went there too.

It would be cool if I could give them a list of student discounts in Manchester (for the local kind of shops).

Also, without having to use a student discount card. I don't really remember many at all.

Muchos respect to the person that gets the most!
username163092
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Local shops don't tend to give discounts, it's the big chains that do. Without an NUS card (i.e. just your uni card) you can get most discounts, but not certain places like Superdrug for example. To be honest, the NUS card is only £11 and gets you 5% off certain Amazon purchases and free delivery for there etc so you'll probably end up getting back what you paid if you use it enough.
Lyndon1504
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
free cheeseburger/mcflurry at mcdonalds with any extra value large meal with nus card
username163092
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lyndon1504)
free cheeseburger/mcflurry at mcdonalds with any extra value large meal with nus card
Uni card is accepted there (at least at the Oxford Road branch near the SU/opposite Whitworth Park.
username607202
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aemiliana)
Uni card is accepted there (at least at the Oxford Road branch near the SU/opposite Whitworth Park.
Yep that's it, I'm going to go to Manchester now.
tntn1010
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just use unidays, it's free

Posted from TSR Mobile
cantevendeal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by judging)
Just use unidays, it's free

Posted from TSR Mobile
The problem with Unidays is that it doesn't work with local stores which was what I was after really.
tom sumner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why not just get a free TableNow membership? You can save 50% off restaurants and it's free for 3 months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed