The Student Room Group

Another question concerning Clearing tomorrow morning...

... Say tomorrow morning i don't get into my firm, but get accepted by my insurance. Can I ring up my insurance and tell them i'd like to decline their place, to enter clearing?

Sorry about this, it's probably been answered a hundred times on here. But i'm still in two minds about my insurance...

Cheers in advance.
No idea, but In Bloom is a bloody great song.
Reply 2
Well, you'd have to ask your insurance to release you which could take over a week for them to do it.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Swell
... Say tomorrow morning i don't get into my firm, but get accepted by my insurance. Can I ring up my insurance and tell them i'd like to decline their place, to enter clearing?

Sorry about this, it's probably been answered a hundred times on here. But i'm still in two minds about my insurance...

Cheers in advance.

You can... but as others have said, it could take at least a week as universities will be busy trying to get people to fill spaces and not really concerned with those rejecting them. Also, speed is of the essence in Clearing and nearly all the good places will be gone in the first couple of days let alone a week. In addition to the risk of having hardly anything to apply for, your risking ending up with nothing in the most competitive Clearing. It's your choice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Not worth risking then is it. I do ok about my insurance, but I keep thinking I could get a better 'deal' within Clearing, which might be true, but the risk seems too great.

Cheers anyway guys.
Reply 5
Original post by Swell

Cheers in advance.

I'd say it's too much of a gamble. You could end up in clearing a week after and then end up with a course you don't like or not one at all

can i ask what your insurance uni is and why you would want to decline it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending