The Student Room Group

Can I contact a uni about a course without a UCAS account

Ive passed my first year of a course but i want to change to a diff course in a diff uni. Can I phone up a uni tommorow and ask to enrol without a ucas number?
Original post by dm4050

Original post by dm4050
Ive passed my first year of a course but i want to change to a diff course in a diff uni. Can I phone up a uni tommorow and ask to enrol without a ucas number?

You will need to apply through UCAS to use Clearing and they are unlikely to accept a direct application. Such things do exist, but they are only really used by mature students or people with special circumstances and it isn't something that the universities are likely to want to be going into on their busiest day of the year. Most universities will not talk to you without a clearing number.

So... I'd suggest you get a UCAS application in as soon as possible and hope that it is processed quickly. Alternative options are for you to ask if you can transfer to a new course at the same uni (which isn't then through UCAS) or to apply for entry into year 2 which will be less competitive and so avoid the clearing mayhem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending