The Student Room Group

If I go through Clearing, do I immediately lose my firm acceptance choice?

I've tried ringing up this particular uni, but haven't managed to get through yet to ask them to release/reject me.
Reply 1
Original post by Clamz
I've tried ringing up this particular uni, but haven't managed to get through yet to ask them to release/reject me.
You can't go through Clearing in the first place without being released by your firm (and insurance, if you have one) choice.
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
You can't go through Clearing in the first place without being released by your firm (and insurance, if you have one) choice.

What about the new adjustment process?
Reply 3
Original post by Clamz
By definition, you can't be eligible for Adjustment if you are in Clearing, because either you are there because you missed your offer/s, or you didn't have an offer to miss in the first place, or you persuaded your firm and insurance to reject you before or on Results Day.

There are FAQs at the top of the forum that explain all this for you.
Original post by Clamz

Original post by Clamz

For adjustment, you keep your firm choice, but to be eligible you must exceed your firm offer. You then have up to 5 days to negotiate a place elsewhere, and if you don't find anywhere you will automatically be confirmed at your original firm choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending