The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by therisenmitten
According to Americans it's our poor dental care :rolleyes:

Seriously though I think it's just a matter of bad taste most the time.
If you lined British girls up against European girls both with no makeup and natural hair/skin colour I don't think there would be much difference.
Europeans just tend to go for the natural look which is what most people find more attractive.

I lived in North Carolina for six months and honest to God I didn't see one attractive woman when I was there. So Americans can shut up.

(......there were some pretty girls in Florida though I will admit).
Original post by pooch
Thanks.

I don't see any rule against bumping on this site, and if it's still relevant, makes more sense than starting a new one.

I think there is actually a rule against bringing really old threads up :lol:

It's the lack of sunlight that makes us ugly i think.
It always new members bumping really old threads. :facepalm:
I think a bigger issue is why do all rich British people look like horses? ...we have the ugliest aristocracy!
Original post by Ice Constricter
It always new members bumping really old threads. :facepalm:

So true! Did a massive bump on my first day :colondollar:
Got warned for it and was so worried I'd get banned haha
Reply 65
Original post by Mangaka
Lmfao what are the chances of getting so many ugly girls in one photo, but still most British girls look better than that.

Do they? :s-smilie:
It's no secret that everybody places British people on the bottom of attractiveness in Europe.
Reply 66
Original post by deedee123
I think there is actually a rule against bringing really old threads up :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rules
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_cat#faq_site_rules_and_guidelines_detailed
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2083320

I don't see it in any of these. If the rule is not somewhere where members should be expected to look then I can't be blamed. Feel free to point it out though.
Talk about shallow.
Reply 68
Narrow gene pool. It is an island. There are attractive people; the southern posh/upper classes.

French women are pretty.

Mainland or Continental Europe has more opportunities for mixing

With or without make up makes a big difference.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
How do you know they are British?
Lol tbf there is some truth in OP's claim.
some muck boxes in the background, one is taking a mental snapshot of Tulisa's minge for later
Original post by therisenmitten
According to Americans it's our poor dental care :rolleyes:

Seriously though I think it's just a matter of bad taste most the time.
If you lined British girls up against European girls both with no makeup and natural hair/skin colour I don't think there would be much difference.
Europeans just tend to go for the natural look which is what most people find more attractive.

Actually statistically according the the OECD we have some of the healthiest teeth in the world. The yanks on the other hand have terrible dental health.

http://www.economist.com/node/15060097?subjectid=7933596&story_id=15060097
Original post by Millie228
Do they? :s-smilie:
It's no secret that everybody places British people on the bottom of attractiveness in Europe.

And that's just a stupid stereotype. I've seen plenty of attractive and unattractive women in Europe too, it's pretty much the same
Reply 74
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
And that's just a stupid stereotype. I've seen plenty of attractive and unattractive women in Europe too, it's pretty much the same

Of course there are attractive and unattractive people everywhere. But there are 10,000 obese and unattractive women in Britain for every one in Sweden. Sometimes stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Pretty much every European person has that impression of the UK, no matter how long they've lived there.
Original post by 3 Phase Duck
Actually statistically according the the OECD we have some of the healthiest teeth in the world. The yanks on the other hand have terrible dental health.

http://www.economist.com/node/15060097?subjectid=7933596&story_id=15060097

I agree. I think our dental care focuses on the health of teeth and gums rather than just their appearance.

It seems like in america it doesn't matter if your teeth are awful because they'll just whack some veneers over the top :rolleyes:
Reply 76
You used Tulisa as an icon to compare the 'ugly women' of Britain to.

There's really nothing we need to defend, if you think she is an accurate comparison into the level of beauty of English women.

Speaking for England, we're very sorry that the 15 tulisa fans in that photo aren't up to your standards, please can we see your supermodel girlfriend?
Original post by Millie228
Of course there are attractive and unattractive people everywhere. But there are 10,000 obese and unattractive women in Britain for every one in Sweden. Sometimes stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Pretty much every European person has that impression of the UK, no matter how long they've lived there.

Obese doesn't automatically equal unattractive. It's akin to the stereotype that every American is a fat gun toting redneck christian. It's not true in the majority of the cases..
Reply 78
get a life:angry:
Reply 79
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Obese doesn't automatically equal unattractive.

um?

Latest