The Student Room Group

How did you do?

Scroll to see replies

I did much better than I expected. Was predicted AAB and I got A*AA so i was completely shocked and thrilled by that. Congrats to everyone else :biggrin:
Did better in some and worse in others.

Better in: M1, S1, G492
Worse in: F322, S2

Still got the overall AS grades I expected though.
I did really well to be honest! i was predicted BCC and got A* AB! over the moon right now! i even beat my first choice requirements :-D and can't wait to start Uni! here i come Lancaster ;-D
Reply 63
Thought I got AAACd but instead got A*AABb. Absolute shocker!
I got As in all my papers except in one of my two RS papers in which I randomly got an E. That brought my RS grade down to a C, and I needed a B. I was only 3 marks off, and expecting to get an A :frown:
Reply 65
was expecting abbc got: CCCC. (maths, chem, french and pe)
Reply 66
expected AABC, got AAAB
Reply 67
was expecting AAB... ended up with A*AB (shock horror i know)
Bit depressing that i got 270 ums in my biology A2, but because i didnt get an A in my As i wasnt eligible for an A* -.- (biol 5 was so much better than i thought!! :biggrin: )
Reply 68
I kinda got what I expected although was a little disappointed cos i knew I could have done better.. I got A*AAB.. Biology let me down :giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by caspian.merlin
Got AAB, expected AAB - still got into Cambridge though :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations! which course/college?
Reply 70
I was expecting BBC/BCC, and managed to pull out AAB from somewhere! Utterly thrilled :smile:

Well done to everyone who got into their uni places! x
Reply 71
Heartbroken! I was expecting A*AB (or at least AAB) but ended up with ABC

I was just 1 UMS off the A* in Math, 20 UMS off the A in further math, and 5 UMS off the B in psych... gutted!
Reply 72
i did terribly.
Reply 73
I did a lot better than I expected. Nothing spectacular, not a load of As but I got BBD. I knew the D was coming but I didn't expect 2 Bs. My offer was BCC unfortunatley so I didn't make it in but I'm happy I have 2 Bs to work with!
Never been good at exams xD.

Considering I expected to get CDD and to go through clearing (because I botched up January exams)... getting a BBC at the last minute isn't bad XD. (Yay for getting a few A's).
Reply 75
Was expecting AAAB (bloody magic tang chemistry gdfgrfd) But ended up with A*A*AA
I was desperate for 3 As for my firm (and only, because I couldn't find an insurance Uni I'd be willing to go to compared to waiting another year and reapplying/resitting) and was taking 4 A-Levels - I guess I hoped for AAAB.

Got A*A*AA! :eek: In History, English Communications and Culture, English Literature and Sociology respectively - I was crying happy tears for most of the day. :smile:

Congrats to everyone else that did well too; I'm so happy for all of you. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
Exactly the same with me (bit weird, remember me from GCSE English forever ago?! :tongue:). Still really pleased with AAAB, but my parents want me to retake to get an A. Won't be that hard, only had two modules and one was an A anyway, but still a bit bothersome. :rolleyes:

Which subjects did you do?

:yep:, How time flies eh. I was abit gutted, about a lack of 90% and have had to rethink my course of action. I did English Literature, Politics, Economics and Philosophy..your English advice really helped, even at A-Level:cool: Which subjects did you do? I'm considering whether or not to since the B was in Philosophy, and I'm wondering whether I should do 4A2's or cut my lossess and just retake the AS units in January?
Reply 78
I needed A*A*A and a 2 in STEP or Distinction in AEA for my Warwick offer.

What I expected:
A* Maths (already had)
A* Further Maths
B Physics
3 in STEP I
U in STEP II
U in AEA

What I got:
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A Physics
1 in STEP I
2 in STEP II
Merit in AEA

Was very surprised and over the moon!
Still hasn't sunk in properly yet though hehe.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Bork
What I expected:
A* Maths (already had)
A* Further Maths
B Physics
3 in STEP I
U in STEP II
U in AEA

What I got:
A* Maths
A* Further Maths
A Physics
1 in STEP I
2 in STEP II
Merit in AEA

So yeah, pleased!
Was so sure I'd missed my Warwick offer..

Warwick don't actually expect people to always reach their offer for Maths!

Quick Reply

Latest