The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by medimike
Just got my SECOND confirmation of application e-mail from sheffield medical school...anybody else got two??

Yes I did, got one on Thurs and Fri :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by JessBess
Yes I did, got one on Thurs and Fri :smile:

Ah, cool beanios, makes me much happier :L
danke
Reply 142
Just got my SECOND confirmation of application e-mail from sheffield medical school...anybody else got two??

Haha, yep same. Thought I was getting dejavu or something when I first saw it :P
Reply 143

i got 2 as well.
felt it was weird. :redface:
Reply 144
Original post by twelve
Haha, yep same. Thought I was getting dejavu or something when I first saw it :P

It popped up as a notification on my phone and was excited as it was with sheffield. pre disappointed when it was another acknowledgment. :wink:
Sheffield likes to double make sure you know that they have received your application. :P I believe when I applied I too received two acknowledgments.
Reply 146
Been looking at the website - they keep mentioning that they do dissection, and spend lots of time in the dissecting room. I didn't really think about it before, but what form does this dissection actually take? Is it cadaver dissection, or does the lecturer just do it, or what?
Reply 147
Cadaver between a few students. And an anatomy demonstrator showing students what to dissect. Usually an F2 Dr.
Reply 148
From University Website: "After the initial application assessment is complete, the UKCAT may be considered when deciding who will be invited for interview. It is likely that any candidate with an above average score will be given consideration."
Reply 149
They have changed the info since I last looked,then it said it anticipated the cutoff to be higher than 2700. Before that it said around about 700 average Mark. Good news anyway. :smile:
i applied to sheffield :biggrin:
how long do the confirmation emails take to come through?
Hey

I was hoping to apply for medicine at Sheffield for 2013 entry. I am just unsure whether or not i should apply because of ukcat. Is it really that hard? and how much would it cost? I am Canadian by the way. Would you advise me to continue considering Sheffield as an option. I know for a fact that there are a lot of canadians studying there but ukat makes me really nervous. lol any advice is greatly appreciated thanks
Reply 152
Original post by clockworks
Hey

I was hoping to apply for medicine at Sheffield for 2013 entry. I am just unsure whether or not i should apply because of ukcat. Is it really that hard? and how much would it cost? I am Canadian by the way. Would you advise me to continue considering Sheffield as an option. I know for a fact that there are a lot of canadians studying there but ukat makes me really nervous. lol any advice is greatly appreciated thanks

There is no way of knowing whether you should consider Sheffield until you have done your UKCAT. For some people, no it isn't hard, some people find some sections hard and some easy. And some will find it a dire experience overall. I'm afraid we can't predict what you'll get at all :/

It costs £60 over here I think, but it may be more in Canada, not really sure. You'd have to look it up yourself.
Reply 153
Original post by POWCATTY
i applied to sheffield :biggrin:
how long do the confirmation emails take to come through?

Took about 48 hrs :smile:
Reply 154
No turning back now!! Best of luck to you applicants!!! Hope to see you next year! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 155
Original post by Vulpes
No turning back now!! Best of luck to you applicants!!! Hope to see you next year! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks, I really hope so, and thanks for your help and advice. How is 1st year shaping up? :smile:
Reply 156
Thanks, I really hope so, and thanks for your help and advice. How is 1st year shaping up? :smile:

9-5 all week. Currently stuck in a 3 hour cell biology lecture xD
Reply 157
Original post by Vulpes
9-5 all week. Currently stuck in a 3 hour cell biology lecture xD

Sounds great :biggrin: is it the fancy dress pub crawl soon, will you be doing it?
Reply 158
Sounds great :biggrin: is it the fancy dress pub crawl soon, will you be doing it?

It was last thursday xP the costumes looked amazing!! I dropped by but was really ill the past week so i couldnt participate =[
Reply 159
Original post by Vulpes
It was last thursday xP the costumes looked amazing!! I dropped by but was really ill the past week so i couldnt participate =[

Freshers flu? :frown: hope you feel better soon :smile: enjoy cell biology :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending