This discussion is closed.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
how long does it take 1st and 2nd class post to be deliviered? will give rep to more helpful person
boygenious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
how long does it take 1st and 2nd class post to be deliviered? will give rep to more helpful person
http://www.royalmail.com
it's quite a useful website
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thinking of sending a Valentine's card, eh? I'd say about 2 days for 1st class, 3/4 for second class.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1st class is delivered the next day after it is picked up. 2nd class is delivered 2 or 3 days after.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Thinking of sending a Valentine's card, eh? I'd say about 2 days for 1st class, 3/4 for second class.
no my xmas cards i like to be prepared, thank you both
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you post early in the day, before the afternoon, then you have a better chance of having it arrive at your destination the very next day via 1st Class. If you post like after 5pm for example, then they usually leave the sorting out until the next day and then deliver it. Therefore, it will take 2 days minimum instead. I always go for 1st class, only a few pence more.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think it varies between frequency of pick ups etc. Last week I posted a cheque to my sister at about 2 o clock on friday afternoon (from Bristol) and she had it first thing Sat morning in London.
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Depends on the time of year as well. I'd expect around valentine's day it may take a little longer than usual (not as bad as Christmas, but probably a bit icky all the same).
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
First class mail
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2;jsessionid=3EWJAKXLIXRKCCR AZRZEOSQKEDGHGQ2K?mediaId=400029 &catId=400028

second class mail
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2;jsessionid=3EWJAKXLIXRKCCR AZRZEOSQKEDGHGQ2K?mediaId=400030 &catId=400028

You'll have to copy and paste the links they are too long to work otherwise.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no my xmas cards i like to be prepared, thank you both
isn't it a bit early?? :confused:
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm guessing they were being sarcy otehrwise thats showing a scary level of preparation
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1st class , 1-2 days, 2nd class 3-5, specail delivery 1 day
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (36)
40.45%
Take autumn exams (32)
35.96%
Look for a job (2)
2.25%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
3.37%
Take a year out (12)
13.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
4.49%

Watched Threads