The Student Room Group

Have Clearing offer from Greenwich, not sure if I should take it

Greenwich sent me an email offering me Biomed Sci, and I have to choose before midnight tonight.
I got ABBB, and I'm on the waiting list for QMUL Biomed Sci, but obviously I have no idea if I'm close to the top or if I'll get an offer.
I've looked on Clearing and have lots of unis and courses i want to try tomorrow morning, but unfortunately the email came today, forcing me to choose tonight.

Is it worth me turning down Greenwich, which I don't particularly want to go to, in favour of trying my luck with these other courses? What if I accept it and QMUL or another university offer me another course tomorrow?
As I understand it once I accept it I have to go. Is that right?
If you don't particularly want to go to Greenwich, don't take the offer. You can't change your mind once you enter it on Clearing except to withdraw from UCAS altogether for this cycle. If there are still lots of places you fancy trying tomorrow, I would stick it out til then.
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice. I'm just really worried that the places will be gone by tomorrow morning because Clearing or their websites hasn't been updated :frown:. But all I can do is hope for the best and get up early tomorrow.
Reply 3
I had place from Greenwich too!
I had a problem through clearing process because the course code was not listed. I received an email saying i had been offered a place, but I had to accept the offer before midnight of the email date. But the course list only worked at about 10pm, (due to a Failed UCAS system!) so I only had the chance of adding the clearing choice like 2 hours before the deadline!!!
So now I am waiting for the decision. Is it too late??!!!!:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending