The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

What does a normal UEA lecture timetable look like?

Basically my place at UEA has confirmed and I will be moving there to study Computer Systems Engineering in September - can anyone tell me what the average timetable looks like? like how many hours a week, how often per day, examples, etc?

Thanks!

Peter
Reply 1
I don't know many undergraduates who have had more than 8 hours a week in their timetable. My timetable was 7 hours a week in my first year.

It's the luck of the draw with how many hours you end up with per day.

Sometimes you can end up with 3 or 4 days free and two very busy days. One semester I ended up with just an hour a day. These schedules change each semester.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
We had about 14 hours including 2-3 hour labs. Depends on your course. I know english had a few but maths had a pretty demanding timetable ( demanding for 1st year anyway).
Reply 3
Original post by readjono
I don't know many undergraduates who have had more than 8 hours a week in their timetable. My timetable was 7 hours a week in my first year.

It's the luck of the draw with how many hours you end up with per day.

Sometimes you can end up with 3 or 4 days free and two very busy days. One semester I ended up with just an hour a day. These schedules change each semester.

21 hours a week :sexface: But yeah, a lot of courses are generally under 10 hours a week, unless you're doing a science it seems.. I'm not quite sure where a computer course would lie though, chances are you won't have more than about 15 hours (I was just super silly in choosing pharmacy..)
Reply 4
The timetables are up on evision already if you've got access. If not, have you got a list of modules on your course? I could search them up for you.
Reply 5
Original post by Jake2000
The timetables are up on evision already if you've got access. If not, have you got a list of modules on your course? I could search them up for you.

List of Year 1 modules below: try 'Programming 1' and 'Computing Systems 1'

Computing Fundamentals 1
CMPC1F02-B-SEM2 20 Semester 2
Computing Systems 1
CMPC1M01-A-SEM1 20 Semester 1
Computing Systems 2
CMPC1M02-B-SEM2 20 Semester 2
Computing Technology
CMPE1D01-A-SEM1 20 Semester 1
Programming 1
CMPC1M0Y-A-YEAR 20 Semesters 1 & 2
Option A Study (20 credits)
Students will select 20 credits from the following module(s).
Name Code Credits Semester
Mathematics for Computing A
CMPC1F1Y-A-YEAR 20 Semesters 1 & 2
Mathematics for Computing B
CMPC1F3Y-A-YEAR 20 Semesters 1 & 2
Reply 6
My politics knowledge didn't really help this thread! *Walks away quietly*
Original post by Jake2000
The timetables are up on evision already if you've got access.

Where abouts are they on evision? Because I can't seem to find mine and have a feeling I'm being very dumb and missing something very obvious. :frown:

It says I'm not enrolled on any modules yet because all my modules are compulsory at the start and I read in one of the emails they sent me that you only need to enrol on specific modules if you get a choice with some of them
Reply 8
Original post by getsickgetwell
Where abouts are they on evision? Because I can't seem to find mine and have a feeling I'm being very dumb and missing something very obvious. :frown:

It says I'm not enrolled on any modules yet because all my modules are compulsory at the start and I read in one of the emails they sent me that you only need to enrol on specific modules if you get a choice with some of them

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=34022132&postcount=877

Check the tinypic in that link... Individual timetables are at bottom left, module timetables in the purple box. You got either of them links?

In the portal it may say you aren't enrolled on any modules yet in the 'My Modules' section, but that's probably because the module for your year hasn't been created yet or the module organiser hasn't set it to visible (they are automatically hidden once created).
Reply 9
Im doing the straight computer sciences, got my timetable today and i have a 16 hour week, including 5 hours on the monday and 4 hours on the tuesday. Still, mostly all of my days finish at 1...
does anyone know where i can find my undergraduate timetable. I'm new to the law school this year :smile:
Original post by Christoofaragain
does anyone know where i can find my undergraduate timetable. I'm new to the law school this year :smile:

on student view on evision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending