whats the roughest/grimist estate/town/city youve ever been to

Watch
louiscypher
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
For me , and i am pretty well travelled, it has to be croydon. Everyone is incredibly ugly. The buildings are designed by a ******, and its extremely rough.

As for individual estates, broxtowe estate in nottingham, st mathews in leicester and manor top in sheffield are the worst ive been to.

What about you guys...
Aidan90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
have you ever been to Hounslow? i work here and its an absolute s**t tip!

theres some pretty horrible estates in West London, the Stonebridge estate in Harlesden is a no go area.

also been to Moss Side, not a great place to go.
Racheya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Farnworth/Kearsley are ****ty towns. Salford isn't the nicest place either.
Itdib
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by louiscypher)
For me , and i am pretty well travelled, it has to be croydon. Everyone is incredibly ugly. The buildings are designed by a ******, and its extremely rough.

As for individual estates, broxtowe estate in nottingham, st mathews in leicester and manor top in sheffield are the worst ive been to.

What about you guys...
I quite like Croydon

Tulse Hill estate Lambeth...it is dangerous....together with most areas of Brixton..
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Keighley. **** me. We actually went there on a geography field trip in Year 12 to see "urban deprivation" (read: how the underclass live)

The entire town is like a warzone. And those ****ing hills. It's just so grim. It's like Afghanistan but in the north. They gave us medical kits and insurance information for when we were walking around the worst parts . . .

And Evington in Leicester was pretty scary. I don't have anything good to say about it, and it's not even the worst part of Leicester.
Svpreme
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The part of Hull I lived in as a kid, used to find knives/needles just lying in the street.
louiscypher
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
Keighley. **** me. We actually went there on a geography field trip in Year 12 to see "urban deprivation" (read: how the underclass live)

The entire town is like a warzone. And those ****ing hills. It's just so grim. It's like Afghanistan but in the north. They gave us medical kits and insurance information for when we were walking around the worst parts . . .

And Evington in Leicester was pretty scary. I don't have anything good to say about it, and it's not even the worst part of Leicester.
evington, its not that bad.

Worst parts of leicester are st amthews and braunston imo.

As for the chap who mentioned keighley, that place is the pits.
rohit_91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Birmingham. Especially Small Heath, Sparkhill, Sparkbrook, Lozelles, Aston, New Town, Northfield, Martson Green, Yardley, Yardley Wood, Sheldon to name a few
metric
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i wouldnt say croydons that bad, the main bit anyway.

places like selhurst in croydon are horrible though
curtis871
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rohit_91)
Birmingham. Especially Small Heath, Sparkhill, Sparkbrook, Lozelles, Aston, New Town, Northfield, Martson Green, Yardley, Yardley Wood, Sheldon to name a few
A lot of those places (not all) are fine imo. Lozelles is pretty **** but I'm one of seemingly few people who actually like it. I don't see why people say Northfield or Yardley are rough at all tbh, I'm in both regularly (and at all times) and never had any trouble. Not had much in any of the others that I go to regularly either.
explicit4u
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
East Berlin!

It looks like soviet russia over there!
louiscypher
Rep:
?
(Original post by explicit4u)
East Berlin!

It looks like soviet russia over there!

is it rough round there??
jblackmoustache
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Racheya)
Farnworth/Kearsley are ****ty towns. Salford isn't the nicest place either.
Salford is up there but Kearsley and Farnworth are tame. Typical Northwest villages. Remind me of Peter Kay

Moss Side isn't as bad as people say it is tbh. There is much worse in Manchester. It was rough as hell a few years ago but these days it's not as bad.
jblackmoustache
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bradford gets my vote, but the town has so much potential. There are so many beautuiful and interesting buildings that need a bit of love and attention. Mosques and other nice buildings also compliment the skyline and the place has loads more nicer people than Leeds. The place would be up there with Leeds if there was more investment in the city, if there was more pride in the place and if there was a better attempt to unite people (in Bradford it's Asians on one side, whites on the other, Blacks on another, etc). It's depressing.

The entire region of North Lincolnshire
gets my vote as well. Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Cleethorpes, etc. It really is grim (excuse the pun). Cleethorpes is like a chav holiday. Full of Chavs from Doncaster and Sheffield going on their 'olidees.

(Original post by louiscypher)

As for the chap who mentioned keighley, that place is the pits.

Most places around that area are the pits. All those ex mill towns suck balls. Huddersfield, Rochdale, Oldham, Halifax, Bradford, etc etc...
rohit_91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by curtis871)
A lot of those places (not all) are fine imo. Lozelles is pretty **** but I'm one of seemingly few people who actually like it. I don't see why people say Northfield or Yardley are rough at all tbh, I'm in both regularly (and at all times) and never had any trouble. Not had much in any of the others that I go to regularly either.
well im from solihull which is heaven compared 2 these areas. but most of the areas are listed are highly deprived areas

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...irmingham.html

http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/mi...6331-25726666/

im not pikin on new town btw i just thought i shud post a cuple of relevant articles
oldham_fran
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jblackmoustache)
Bradford gets my vote, but the town has so much potential. There are so many beautuiful and interesting buildings that need a bit of love and attention. Mosques and other nice buildings also compliment the skyline and the place has loads more nicer people than Leeds. The place would be up there with Leeds if there was more investment in the city, if there was more pride in the place and if there was a better attempt to unite people (in Bradford it's Asians on one side, whites on the other, Blacks on another, etc). It's depressing.

The entire region of North Lincolnshire
gets my vote as well. Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Cleethorpes, etc. It really is grim (excuse the pun). Cleethorpes is like a chav holiday. Full of Chavs from Doncaster and Sheffield going on their 'olidees.

Most places around that area are the pits. All those ex mill towns suck balls. Huddersfield, Rochdale, Oldham, Halifax, Bradford, etc etc...
Have to jump in and defend my hometown here. While I agree that there are certain area's of Oldham that are absolutely horrible i.e. certain parts of the town centre, the fact that it's right on the foot of the Pennines and so close to the Saddleworth Moors meant that some parts of it are absolutely beautiful. For example, I used to live in Clarksfield, right next to Leesbrook nature park.
So I think there are far worse places in the country than Oldham...

Like Bletchley, near Milton Keynes. The parts I went to were just poor and full of chavs. Only good thing going for it, imo, is Bletchley Park.
EasyBiscuit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Manor top lol, I live there. A man ran into the corner shop and robbed it with what looked like a shotgun yesterday
Racheya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jblackmoustache)
Salford is up there but Kearsley and Farnworth are tame. Typical Northwest villages. Remind me of Peter Kay
Lmao, yeah true. They're not the most hardcore places - they're just a bit **** I guess :P
AidanLunn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bradford. Almost all of it.
chloe.oconn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dursley, Gloucestershire. Hands down, no contest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed