The Student Room Group

Is BTEC hard???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xx_ViiiCkiii_xX
sorry but ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!
A LEVELS EASY!!!!

i prefer coursework and i dont agree with not learning anything cause you'd definitely need to do research and read alot=learning

actually i read something about applied science but behind it it said only AS, so :s-smilie:
but thats with coursework??? i didnt know A level does coursework???

the 6 unit one might be the award one then

No. A-levels do coursework. Not all. E.g. my history had 0% cwork

But I know people who did ICT and stuff that had Cwork. Think my bro had cwork for English as well.

Depends on the exam board as well.

Yeah, think it was the award. What BTEC are you thinking of doing?
Original post by bestofyou
No. A-levels do coursework. Not all. E.g. my history had 0% cwork

But I know people who did ICT and stuff that had Cwork. Think my bro had cwork for English as well.

Depends on the exam board as well.

Yeah, think it was the award. What BTEC are you thinking of doing?

oh, i didnt know alevels had cw
anyway, i'm going to do health and social care BTEC :smile:
oh, i didnt know alevels had cw
anyway, i'm going to do health and social care BTEC :smile:

Yeah, my school had a big list of all the subjects and how much was cwork/exam etc.

Well good luck with the BTEC. My only advice to you would be to make sure you know what course you are thinking of, and if the BTEC in H&S is accepted. E.g. BTEC Sports Dev., Coaching and Fitness wasn't an accepted subject for Physiotherapy due to lack of science modules. So be careful. And aim for DDD. Even if your course is MMM, DDD is what you'll want to get incase your circumstances change. I could have had DD. But I thought I only needed DM and therefore basically aimmed for that and didn't bother putting the work in for the rest. Completly backfired, but thats another story.

Also, do your best for every single first draft, make sure you've got all the stuff in there that you need, that way if you have any corrections, you'll not have many. And if you do, you'll have a better foundation to work for the top marks than say someone who just pissed on paper to say they never missed the deadline.

BTEC is easy provided you are organised, do the work as soon as you get it and do your first draft like it's your final draft.

And PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE. If you take any of my advice, take this golden rule, back up your work. USB pen, laptop and college hardrive. I twice in lower6th had to redo several bits of work because I had lost work with no back up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
thanks
can you do them together???
as in an as and a BTEC course toghether??? or do you have to do them SEPARETERLY?

I think you can do a BTEC and an A Level or two a levels

Yes! :yep:
Hello, you said you do two btecs right. are they the national diplomas? if they are then thats equivalent to a total of 4 a levels?also what btecs did you do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending