The Student Room Group

My top 30 revision tips! (Free eBook PDF)

I made a FREE eBook just with 30 collaborated exam and revision tips. Figured I'd post the link here so you can all have a look at it and hopefully improve your results

If anyone has any constructive criticism on it, feel free to post it.

Click the PDF attachment below to download my 30 Essential exam and revision tips.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hipster
That's not an eBook, it's just a list on a PDF file.

As I said, it's an eBook PDF... Same thing.
Reply 2
Thank you. :smile:
Well it's been moved to the Creative Corner. Doubt anyone's ever going to see this again.
Fairly good tips, can't ever see myself doing 6-7 hours of revision in one day though
Original post by Sounds Loud
Fairly good tips, can't ever see myself doing 6-7 hours of revision in one day though

It's a guideline during the actual exam period. Thanks though.
Nice tips...
Reply 7
Original post by TheBritishBloke
I made a FREE eBook just with 30 collaborated exam and revision tips. Figured I'd post the link here so you can all have a look at it and hopefully improve your results

If anyone has any constructive criticism on it, feel free to post it.

You can access all my FREE PDF eBooks HERE.

I like it. It's fairly well organized, and it fits on only a couple of pages which means it's small enough to print out and put on a wall or distribute without messing around.

Nice work. :smile:
Original post by Darren-M
I like it. It's fairly well organized, and it fits on only a couple of pages which means it's small enough to print out and put on a wall or distribute without messing around.

Nice work. :smile:

My first draft was completely random in terms of organisation, I had to spend 2 hours rewriting some of the tips and re-structuring the layout haha! But yeah that was the main idea.

Original post by TheEssence
Nice tips...

Thanks very much :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Never would have seen this if it didn't come up in google search. Great tips - definitely going to have to use these this year.
rule 22. avoid cereal eat bacon sandwiches
while I agree bacon sammiches are godly, bad advice is bad?

surely for having energy for an exam you would need more calories, and more specifically carbohydrates for energy than is available in bacon sammiches

unless you mean

this bacon sandwich?
Original post by kingkongjaffa
rule 22. avoid cereal eat bacon sandwiches
while I agree bacon sammiches are godly, bad advice is bad?

surely for having energy for an exam you would need more calories, and more specifically carbohydrates for energy than is available in bacon sammiches

unless you mean

this bacon sandwich?

Cereal doesn't *really* have much nutritional value in terms of carbohydrates and energy in comparison to other foods such as a bacon sandwich. I'm sure if you did a TSR poll you'd find that quite a few fellows eat bacon sandwiches during the exam period.

But dammnnnn.. That looks nice.
Original post by tamii05
Never would have seen this if it didn't come up in google search. Great tips - definitely going to have to use these this year.

Thanks. And yeah, I did have it in the A-Level and Revision Tips section previously, but even after a discussion with moderators, the only way I'll be allowed to put it in either of those sections is to just have them as text in a post rather than in a formatted PDF, which I don't want to do.. Hence, not as many people are going to be seeing these tips.
(edited 12 years ago)
If anyone has any comments about it, in terms of things that should be changed etc, please leave them here.
Reply 13
Some very nice tips there, thanks :smile:
Original post by Scatach
Some very nice tips there, thanks :smile:

Thanks very much :smile:
As I said, it's an eBook PDF... Same thing.

lol
Reply 16
nice one
Reply 17
Thanks!.. I already know most of this stuff, bt nice having it all in one place!
Reply 18
Well it's been moved to the Creative Corner. Doubt anyone's ever going to see this again.

I saw it :smile: .. I like it :smile:

Original post by Sounds Loud

I was proud of doing 5hours revision a day :lol:
Reply 19
Good idea, TheBritishBloke! I haven't taken the time to read it yet but one thing that usually works is trying to forget what you've learned. In the same way that you can't help but think of an elephant when asked to think of an elephant, I can't help but remember a series of numbers or something when I'm trying to get myself to forget them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending