letters of congrats for top 5 candidates Watch

This discussion is closed.
dave73
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Some boards - definitely AQA - send letters of congratulation to the top 5 candidates in every subject.

Does someone know what they do when there is a tie? E.g. top 4 get x marks, and next 2 get x-1 marks. This must have happened on occasion surely.

E.g. I don't know how many people get 100% in both written papers for Maths GCSE but it wouldn't surprise me if more than 5 people have been known to.

(The notorious difficulty of getting 8/8/8 for the Ma4 coursework is by the by. Same question would apply if the top 6 or more candidates got 100/100 on the written papers, 24/24 for the Ma1 coursework and 21/24 for the Ma4 coursework).

Dave
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its not as hard as you think.
I got sent one of those letters in GCSE maths, and i got full marks on all my coursework. I dropped a couple on the exam though.
But i think that they send it out to all of them with a tie.

By the way, even though i aced the exam at GCSE, im still predicted a B at AS-Level, its so hard
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi is this for a paper or for 1 exam
dave73
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
It's for each exam, not each paper.

Nice one, iluvatar! :cool: Which board? Did you do an Ma4 piece of coursework? Also out of interest did you get the letter the same day as the statement of result? Do you know what percentages you got on the written papers? I'd be very interested to know what scores got you one of those letters for Maths GCSE. I thought I may have got 100% back around 1980 when I did the O Level, Cambridge board, back in the days before coursework, but I didn't get one of those letters :mad: One of my mates at the time prob got 100% too, he didn't get a letter either!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I got 56/60 on my ICT3 AS coursework, I want a letter too
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (63)
14.89%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (63)
14.89%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (80)
18.91%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (170)
40.19%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (20)
4.73%
No particular grades needed (27)
6.38%