Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    either sign up, or leave! your blocking up the bloody server! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    They have just as much right to be here as we do.

ReputationRep:
    i agree i dont get how you can come here and not sign in i was here bout 2 seconds before signing in

ReputationRep:
    As i've said before, the guests are not lesser individuals, they have as much right as the registereds to view threads. We were all guests at one point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    As i've said before, the guests are not lesser individuals, they have as much right as the registereds to view threads. We were all guests at one point.
    yeh but they cant post anything and they clog it up so its worthwhile signing up

ReputationRep:
    Guests actually use less bandwidth than registered users. Guests don't have database records dedicated to them. Guests are just problem because they don't actually contribute. Most guests will stay for 2 minutes and either sign up or leave.

ReputationRep:
    At the time when I discovered this forum, you could post as an unregistered person. Therefore, if you don't know how long you are gonna stay there for, you could remain unregistered. I was unregistered for a little while before joining. Now, it's easier and more worthwhile if the unregistered users sign up, and make use of all the advantages they have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    either sign up, or leave! your blocking up the bloody server! :mad:
    That's funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    They have just as much right to be here as we do.
    yes but all they have to do is spend less than ten seconds to sign up instead of cluttering the system up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    yes but all they have to do is spend less than ten seconds to sign up instead of cluttering the system up.
    How are they cluttering the system up?? They would just sign up and then there would still be the same amount of people on the server??

Hehe I just tried to post that and it said server too busy, how ironic

ReputationRep:
    there should be a limit of how many guests are allowed on-say like 150-170 guests max.

surely there should be a "quick sign up" form which includes limited details. ive seen it on other forums. this would encourage more guests to become members and surely reduce size of records for those members

ReputationRep:
    Signing up doesn't sudden stop them clogging up the system though. It just means one less guest and one more registered user.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of being unregistered anyway, all you can do is read.

ReputationRep:
    Signing up doesn't sudden stop them clogging up the system though. It just means one less guest and one more registered user.
    and a registered user takes up more bandwidth than a guest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    What's the point of being unregistered anyway, all you can do is read.
    *shrugs* I agree there, it does seem a bit pointless. I guess people like being mute.

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs* I agree there, it does seem a bit pointless. I guess people like being mute.
    You can read the posts with interest without feeling that you have to contribute. I broswe most of the threads on UKL but rarely post because what I want to say has usually already been said Guests and newbies have an equal right to be here!

ReputationRep:
    either sign up, or leave! your blocking up the bloody server!

brilliant I'm getting strange looks off my mum because I'm laugh out loud Reminds me of a story I posted in a thread called Soap, everyone was laughing out loud with that!

First Class Curry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    either sign up, or leave! your blocking up the bloody server!
    signing up wont stop blocking the bloody server

ReputationRep:
    is there actually anything that will stop the server from being blocked except going on at a silly time in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    yeh but they cant post anything and they clog it up so its worthwhile signing up
    i agree

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.