Any Universities Abroad Accept BTEC? Watch

kevz
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi All,

Just wanted to know, does anyone know if any universities abroad accept BTEC's?

Thanks

Kev
Gutterville
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kevz)
Hi All,

Thanks

Kev
I don't know for the rest of the world's unis, but I do know that American universities don't even know what a Btec is, becuase they didn't know what an HND( higher national diploma) was and HND is a level higher then Btec.

but they did want to send me to their community college branch for 6 months, to see what my level was and to sit a few placement tests( this was a few years ago). I think they will take you but its gonna be an extra 6 months on top of the 4 years degree, and unless you're rich its money down the drain)
I decided to finish my degree in the UK and then do my masters in the US( now i'm in my final year at uni)

GL

PS good old fashion research will answer all your question for you 100%.
kevz
Hi Gutterville,

HND is a BTEC I thought, because that's what I'm currently doing. And I found that the Hong Kong university accepts BTEC HND, but that's it. Wanted to know if any other universities accepted it, maybe EU ones.

Thanks
Gutterville
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kevz)
Hi Gutterville,

HND is a BTEC I thought, because that's what I'm currently doing. And I found that the Hong Kong university accepts BTEC HND, but that's it. Wanted to know if any other universities accepted it, maybe EU ones.

Thanks
Sorry HND is a Btec, but its the higher level Btec( level 4) then Btec BTEC National Award (level 3)
Maybe european unis
kevz
(Original post by Gutterville)
Sorry HND is a Btec, but its the higher level Btec( level 4) then Btec BTEC National Award (level 3)
Maybe european unis
oh yep ok, yeah I'm doing level 3, which is equivalent to 3 a-levels. Haven't been able to find any so far, apart from the one in honk kong but fees there at £9,000 a year too. Hopefully gonna find an EU uni that accepts it.

Thanks
Maccabees
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've wanted to know this too, but if you don't want to spend a lot of money a year you can always go to a uni that does a year abroad.
The Student World
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kevz)
Hi All,

Thanks

Kev
Different universities in different countries look for different things so I can't answer the BTEC question directly as I dont know all the facts about all the unis personally!

BUT......(This is going to sound really sales-y but I don't know how else to say it so bare with me!!!)

The Student World is an International Study Fair that is taking place on the 8th October 2011 at the Emirates Stadium. (It's sponsored by The Student Room and also The Independent Newspaper)
We've currently got over 30 international universities (which will grow to over 40 international uni's by the day of event) coming along to offer advice and support about studying overseas (they will also be enrolling students on the day.) There will also be a number interactive seminars that will be shelling out loads of information about visas, adapting to a new country, flights, what to do when you get there, qualification requirement etc etc etc.

This will be a perfect opportunity to get the answer to your question straight away from the horses mouth - so to speak.

Also, tickets are free!

If you want to check out our website the address is www.thestudentworld.com (we're currently updating it so more university profiles will be added very soon - keep checking back for updates)
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kevz)
:hello:
If you look on European Universities websites for whatever course you want they will normally say "A-Levels at X or Equivalent" if they do then email and ask.
keval009
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kevz)
oh yep ok, yeah I'm doing level 3, which is equivalent to 3 a-levels. Haven't been able to find any so far, apart from the one in honk kong but fees there at £9,000 a year too. Hopefully gonna find an EU uni that accepts it.

Thanks
Which university in Hong Kong. Please let me know
munaib909
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kevz)
Hi Gutterville,

Thanks
I know I'm messaging you after long time in this kind of area,please let me know that do you go any university abroad after btec?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads