The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aokgirl
I'm in northern Ireland :smile: Yes a lot of people do go home, I would be one of those people! But there are other people from England as well, you wouldn't be totally alone, and all the students living in Belfast will still be around to meet up, and there's A LOT of those as well. Belfast is brilliant! It's an hour and a half away from me and I'm always up shopping and going to concerts. There's a lot to do and the accomodation and facilities at qub are great. Especially the library - its AMAZING! So modern, the only problem is its impossible to get reception on mobiles! But that'll be useful when we're actually studying there :wink:

Haha why would you always want to be going home? My Irish friend ended up in London :P I'm keen to move somewhere new, then my mum will have to spoil me when I decide to pop home!
Aaaah the big day's creeping up, starting to feel a lil nervous! Anyone else on the same boat? :/
Reply 282
Original post by karkarpops
Aaaah the big day's creeping up, starting to feel a lil nervous! Anyone else on the same boat? :/

I'm sooooo nervous!!! Feel under prepared :frown: not sure the prep I am doing will help I really don't know whether to looking more closely at some of the current health issues/news ?
Original post by soph2304
I'm sooooo nervous!!! Feel under prepared :frown: not sure the prep I am doing will help I really don't know whether to looking more closely at some of the current health issues/news ?

I feel like we're all really left in the dark :P And the fact that I haven't heard from any of my other 3 choices is starting to put even more pressure on me :frown:
Reply 284
I feel like we're all really left in the dark :P And the fact that I haven't heard from any of my other 3 choices is starting to put even more pressure on me :frown:

Where are your other three? :biggrin:
Original post by d3ano
Where are your other three? :biggrin:

Southampton, Keele and Leicester...I'd prefer rejections that this wait! It's as if they haven't even seen my application, but Ive gotten acknowledgements from all of them so I don't know :s-smilie: Seeing as I'm from Ireland I'm not really familiar with the UCAS system...is this normal or? :/
Reply 286
Southampton, Keele and Leicester...I'd prefer rejections that this wait! It's as if they haven't even seen my application, but Ive gotten acknowledgements from all of them so I don't know :s-smilie: Seeing as I'm from Ireland I'm not really familiar with the UCAS system...is this normal or? :/

I think that's okay. Some reply early, others are January/February
PS - Go to Trinity man :P
Original post by d3ano
I think that's okay. Some reply early, others are January/February
PS - Go to Trinity man :P

Haha, definitely applying there - only a bus ride away from the house :smile: But you need to do ridiculously well in the HPAT for it and the chances of getting in are insanely slim :/ Tbh, if I had to chose between Trinity and QUB, it would be Queens without a doubt :P
Reply 288
Haha, definitely applying there - only a bus ride away from the house :smile: But you need to do ridiculously well in the HPAT for it and the chances of getting in are insanely slim :/ Tbh, if I had to chose between Trinity and QUB, it would be Queens without a doubt :P

Oh dear.. Why QUB? :O I don't like it at all really :/ Trinity's great, and if you're academically geared it's really easy to get into I think, because of the lack of PS and interview.

PS: what date's your interview?
Original post by d3ano
Oh dear.. Why QUB? :O I don't like it at all really :/ Trinity's great, and if you're academically geared it's really easy to get into I think, because of the lack of PS and interview.

PS: what date's your interview?

Well the emphasis lies mostly on the HPAT in med schools in Ireland. Theoretically, you only need to get 480 points/600 in your Leaving Cert if you're HPAT goes really well. Belfast's gorgeous! Was there for like 2 weeks a few months ago and fell in love with the place and the people :smile: Why don't you like QUB? :smile:

Btw, having said all this, TCD is an incredible uni and major props to you if you get in, you'll have a great 5 years ahead of you! And my interview's on the 19th :biggrin: yours?
Reply 290
That's so cool! Naw, I'm from Dublin :smile: Haha, we should meet up...I'll be the girl at the corner of the room hyperventilating into a brown paper bag :P

Sounds like a plan! I'm jealous that you can get to Belfast in one day :P although i s'pose it will be kinda cool to see the city at night!

Don't say that!- There won't BE any paper bags :tongue: haha well i guess if there's only 11 stations there won't be too many people in the room at once so it won't be too stressful :rolleyes:
Reply 291
Original post by d3ano
Nope, in the afternoon.
What time's your? :smile:

Mines at 11.30 AM- are you flying over? slightly jealous that you get a lie in :tongue:
Original post by E.B
Sounds like a plan! I'm jealous that you can get to Belfast in one day :P although i s'pose it will be kinda cool to see the city at night!

Don't say that!- There won't BE any paper bags :tongue: haha well i guess if there's only 11 stations there won't be too many people in the room at once so it won't be too stressful :rolleyes:

Yeah true :smile: But if you see a girl compulsively biting her nails, that'll be me! I'm just kinda miffed that they don't ask about you or your PS :frown: Makes it even harder to prepare for...
Reply 293
Original post by KeepMovingForward
Yea thats probably what I'll end up doing, where you travelling in from? :smile:

South Wales
Reply 294
Do you think they will ask anything about personal statement or even what work experience have you done or why medicine?
Reply 295
Original post by soph2304
Do you think they will ask anything about personal statement or even what work experience have you done or why medicine?

Apparently its completely scenario based/role play, ethical questions and discussing specific topics. I spoke to someone today and asked them the same questions, so I don't think so :P
Reply 296
what do they mean by specific topics?
Original post by KR1993
Apparently its completely scenario based/role play, ethical questions and discussing specific topics. I spoke to someone today and asked them the same questions, so I don't think so :P

whens your interview? :smile:
Reply 298
whens your interview? :smile:

Friday the 16th at 8.30, getting nervous now! :P
Reply 299
Yeah true :smile: But if you see a girl compulsively biting her nails, that'll be me! I'm just kinda miffed that they don't ask about you or your PS :frown: Makes it even harder to prepare for...

Ohh bless you! Well at least i'll recognise you :wink: That's crazy! Maybe there'll be one station on it.... but i s'pose all the other stations that aren't roleplays will want you to talk about yourself anyway :confused:

Quick Reply