The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KR1993
Friday the 16th at 8.30, getting nervous now! :P

Me too! Hope everything goes well for you though, just keep calm and you'll be fine :smile: Be sure to tell us how it goes when you're done!
Reply 301
Original post by karkarpops
Me too! Hope everything goes well for you though, just keep calm and you'll be fine :smile: Be sure to tell us how it goes when you're done!

Thanks! Just as long as I keep talking I'll be fine. I was timing myself last night, 5 minutes goes by so quickly! I will, and I hope your interview goes well for you too :smile:
Original post by KR1993
Thanks! Just as long as I keep talking I'll be fine. I was timing myself last night, 5 minutes goes by so quickly! I will, and I hope your interview goes well for you too :smile:

Yeah but I'm really worried that I sound like I'm waffling trying to fill in the 5 minutes, do you feel the same?
Reply 303
Yeah but I'm really worried that I sound like I'm waffling trying to fill in the 5 minutes, do you feel the same?

Yes! haha Basically the last minute involves saying everything I've already said :L Well, it depends on what I'm talking about really. Some things are fine, and other things I feel very limited in what i can say :P
Original post by KR1993
Apparently its completely scenario based/role play, ethical questions and discussing specific topics. I spoke to someone today and asked them the same questions, so I don't think so :P

I rang them today and she wouldnt tell me a thing, all i asked was if theyll have my ps and she was like im not telling you

5 mins isnt exactly much time for them to read our ps and ask q's :/
will we be in groups for the mmi stations yeah? :smile:
Reply 306
Original post by laurenl93
I rang them today and she wouldnt tell me a thing, all i asked was if theyll have my ps and she was like im not telling you

I have a feeling that I heard in one of the talks at Queen's that the PS isn't used at all... can't be 100% sure though.
Reply 307
Original post by cz100
I have a feeling that I heard in one of the talks at Queen's that the PS isn't used at all... can't be 100% sure though.

yea i was at a talk in august and they said they didn't really acknowledge your personal statement, and they didnt take into account what you did on your gap year either.
Reply 308
Original post by laurenl93

I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Also it's groups of 12 in rotation I think :smile:
Original post by CMCK
yea i was at a talk in august and they said they didn't really acknowledge your personal statement, and they didnt take into account what you did on your gap year either.

but it says on the website that the PS is assessed? not sure if its in the interview but maybe they took the ps into account when giving out interview offers?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 310
but it says on the website that the PS is assessed?

Applicants selected for stage two of the admissions process will be asked to attend a nine station multiple mini interview (MMI) to determine non-cognitive performance. MMIs are being used to test non-cognitive competence and the applicant’s personal statement is considered within this process. This session will be in either December or February

I think when it says that its considered it maybe means that the may take the qualities that you have mentioned on your p.s into the senarios/ethical questions or maybe bring in some of the things you witnessed on your work experience into some of the senarios etc... but i dont think they will ask direct questions about your personal statement...

I think to be on the safe side you should just look over your ps the qus they could ask... better safe than sorry
Reply 311
Is anyone keeping upto date with medical related news. I don't know if it's worth it, n can't really think off reasons y Belfast
Reply 312
Original post by hello786
Is anyone keeping upto date with medical related news. I don't know if it's worth it, n can't really think off reasons y Belfast

I thought that everything would be based off roleplays and ethical scenarios, I'm a little confused about whether there will be questions about ourselves.
I'm keeping up to date with medical related news anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 313
can i just ask how everybody is preparing themselves for this MMI
Reply 314
Original post by Doctor2b
can i just ask how everybody is preparing themselves for this MMI

I am spending a lot of time reading up on ethics- thinking about potential ethical scenarios.

Will also most likely prepare some answers (a few bulletpoints) to traditional questions such as "why medicine", "your strengths/ weaknesses". I don't know if this will be useful but as I have no idea how to prepare best for this interview I think this will help to calm me down.

Have been reading current health news- though not gone in a lot of detail.

How are you preparing?

Anem xx
Reply 315
Original post by Anem123
I am spending a lot of time reading up on ethics- thinking about potential ethical scenarios.

Will also most likely prepare some answers (a few bulletpoints) to traditional questions such as "why medicine", "your strengths/ weaknesses". I don't know if this will be useful but as I have no idea how to prepare best for this interview I think this will help to calm me down.

Have been reading current health news- though not gone in a lot of detail.

How are you preparing?

Anem xx

More or less the same as you - its very unnerving being unable to revise as such but at least everybody is on the same situation.
does anyone know the estimate of the number of applicants this year? can't be many because it seems like everyone I know who applied has an interview offer!
Hello, to those who have received interview invitations (congratulations btw) what is the earliest date for people having their interview on? Just wondering when they are starting/have started.....

Also the current 'last' date may be useful too. Cheers!! And good luck!!!
Reply 318
Original post by ringham33170
Hello, to those who have received interview invitations (congratulations btw) what is the earliest date for people having their interview on? Just wondering when they are starting/have started.....

Interviews start tomorrow, then there are two more; Monday and Tuesday. There's also one in February, not sure when though :smile: Hope this helps and thanks!
Reply 319
Original post by ringham33170

Tomorrow(16th) is the first date and the last date in dec is the 20th as far as I know. But there is a second round of interviews in feb.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending